• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

New Stick coil time?

boxwrench

Started another tune up and found these.
I guess it is time for replacement?
also yup I have and use the BMW plastic OEM tool

plugstick2.jpg

plugstick1.jpg

Started another tune up and found these.
I guess it is time for replacement?
also yup I have and use the BMW plastic OEM tool

plugstick2.jpg

plugstick1.jpg

No stick coils on an 1100RT. Just plug wires. Wait till you see what the dealer wants for them! :bolt

You can get new ones identical to OEM here ($75): http://www.motoelekt.com/

Or here for almost identical but very high quality ($49). Only difference is with these is the tool does not quite fit over the ends. Other than that they are excellent wires: http://www.euromotoelectrics.com/product_p/bmw-ws-fslash-r641.htm

Repair?

Patch with clear RTP, wind-on some self-vulcanizing tape, and call it good! Horrifying thought, I know.

The above will at least work until you get replacements, or about 30 years, whichever comes first. And, you can still use the plug-puller!

Walking Eagle

They don't say who actually makes then but judging from the packaging and the little packet of dielectric grease these look identical to the ones from EuroMotoElectric which are $49.
Good to know. I wasn't familiar with EuroMotoElectric. Thanks for the tip.

Back