• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

1977 r100s

Very nice, way to go.

I sold my '77 R100S last month. The new owner is going to give it the full resto, although that won't be very hard since it was in fairly decent shape.

Very nice, way to go.

I sold my '77 R100S last month. The new owner is going to give it the full resto, although that won't be very hard since it was in fairly decent shape.

How about a picture or two and details on the bike, mileage, etc. What did you sell it for, if you don't mind me asking?

How about a picture or two and details on the bike, mileage, etc. What did you sell it for, if you don't mind me asking?

For all intents and purposes, I basically traded it even up for a '94 R1100RS. I sold it to my mechanic, who turned me on to the "new" RS. We also bartered some new tires on service on the RS. It had 130K on the clock, but had a lot of work and maintenance on it even before I got it back in 2004. It had a lightened flywheel, dual plug heads, bar risers, Sante Fe fork brace, deep oil pan, and an RS fairing.

When I sold it, the right upper fairing had a crack in it, needed new tires, and may have had some charging issues. I had been riding it to work all summer with no problems.

For pics, see posts 286 and 287 in this thread ---> http://forums.bmwmoa.org/showthread.php?t=3742&page=20

The photos above show once again the absolute requirement for pinstripes on an Airhead. On one to be called "S" for sure.

The photos above show once again the absolute requirement for pinstripes on an Airhead. On one to be called "S" for sure.

I totally agree. Mine had pinstripes that were removed when I had the tank and fairing painted, so they were removed, and never replaced.

I totally agree. Mine had pinstripes that were removed when I had the tank and fairing painted, so they were removed, and never replaced.

I also agree. I had all the pinstriping on all the body work redone by a guy who usually works on Harleys only. He did a great job. And he said he liked the colors.:laugh

Back