• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

October ON

To repeat the point:

If you haven't received your ON by the 10th of the month, CALL the club office and they will send you one by first class post.

(636)394-7277

If your ON is mangled, talk to your Post Office. They weren't that way when they went into the mail and most members receive them damage free.

My ON never comes by the 10th of the month. It's more like the 15th. I could call, but then the club would be sending me two copies every month, which is a complete waste. I just know mine comes aroung the 15th, and I'm OK with that.

As far as damage is concerned, mine comes damaged from time to time. Other magazines never come damaged, so I'm inclined to believe it's not happening at the local post office. I'm more inclined to believe the damage is occuring at the post office where they are dropped off rather than the local offices, since the damage seems not to be localized to one area. But, I'm just guessing here.

My Roundel arrives in a plastic wrapper every month in pristine condition. My Model Aviation (a like-bound, similarly papered and sized monthly) arrives every month and I don't remember the last one that arrived in poor condition. It certainly doesn't happen month after month.

two weeks ago i got my Oct. issue and it was all beat up. yesterday i got my Sept issue wrapped in plastic with my MOA renewal in perfect condition. now why do you suppose i got Oct. prior to getting Sept. if anyone still has the Sept. issue take a look on page 2 or 3 at the Max BMW ad. the middle bike in that ad is mine, or it was mine before i traded it in on my new F650GS.

There should be a way to "opt out" of mail delivery. You can read it online now, which is what I usually do, since mine arrives around the 7th or 8th. Arrival used to be a big deal if you were a flea market shopper, but that has changed since there are so many online markets now.

On a different issue, I think it is time to change the Join the MOA two page ad. The current set of photos has been running at least 3 years. I am sure there are some more current ones floating around. Just don't use any of me, we wouldn't want to scare anyone off.

Mine arrived the 11th and they always look like I'm the 20th person to read the magazine.

I'd love to see a ON app and the magazines on-line (or downloadable). Would save MOA money (printing, shipping) which could be passed on to the membership.

The "turning page" sound byte is a bit annoying.... but I guess that's what "mute" is for.

Personally, I don't find ON that interesting to begin with, but much like the glossy, four-color monthly "newsletter" I get from the International Union of Operating Engineers, it's providing a job for someone. :whistle

It also comes spindled, folded, and mutilated.

In today's mail I received my SEPTEMBER issue !!!

I had called the MOA office and asked about it in late September, they mailed me one.
So now I have a 2nd , too bad it looks like it has been through a grenade attack !!

Dragging this thread out of retirement.

Just wondering: Are other people still experiencing late/missing delivery issues?

I got Dec and January without a hitch but prior to that missed editions and had to call the office to have them sent. I haven't received a Feb issue yet. When it comes, it's often here before the 15th.

I thought there was another thread where this was discussed but I cannot find it. Is the problem at the distributor?

Well I think the US Postal Workers have BMW envy and are keeping our magazines for several months and reading them while they mis-sort our mail. Thats what I think!

Jack

Caught the mailwomen at the maibox and showed her the last 8 months of ON's. All mangled and crimped and ripped. She explained that the facility that processed them and their equipment was the culprit. She was going to talk to her superiors about the problem and get back to me. Will see what happens.

Mine have never been too mangled, maybe a bit bent. But I feel like a burden calling the MOA office every other month to report the ON as MIA.

Back