• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

October ON

osbornk

Old man in the mountains
Mine arrived today in perfect condition. This is almost a week before I normally get it.

Oct ON

I received my Oct ON yesterday. The Sept ON was delivered to me on Sept 19th.

Someone must have fixed the delivery process.

jealous

Rub it in, why don't ya!!!

I'm one of the ones who get's their issue around the end of the month, and more times than not it looks like it's went a few rounds with a pissed off badger.

Come on, USPS, daddy needs a pristine magazine for once!!

I just got my Iron Butt Association magazine, in a plastic wrapper, torn of course, with crumpled corners on the magazine. And the ON, unwrapped, in fine condition. Go figure.

To repeat the point:

If you haven't received your ON by the 10th of the month, CALL the club office and they will send you one by first class post.

(636)394-7277

If your ON is mangled, talk to your Post Office. They weren't that way when they went into the mail and most members receive them damage free.

A bit of tolerance please.

Letters to the editor: The comments about the LBGT gathering bother me. While I am none of these and I don't agree with groups singling themselves out by having "special gatherings" do we really need a Southern White Males over 60 group or a Black Bikers.

I was welcomed into the local BMW club in Houston because of what I rode and not rejected because I looked different. Tolerance is a virtue, you will never change the way people are by rejecting them. Jesus spent time with the outcasts and rebuked the self-righteous leaders of the temple. Be nice, mean people suck!

Got my ON's yesterday. The front cover had a 1 inch tear up the front bottom left corner and the the tear went about 1 inch back to the left. This is the least amount of damage in 4 months. I get the Motorcycle Consumer News and a National Rifle Association mag monthly; and they never come torn, ripped or mangled. Not really complaining, just stating what I'm getting in the mail. I really enjoy the ON's.

Late, always!

Damage, almost always, so Santa Cruz must be special. Totally missing, about twice a year here in Central CA.. I do call and get one pronto, first class. My mag always hits my doorstep around the third week of the month, so not even close to good timing. I do know you can, for a nominal fee, have the mag sent first class by 'MOA every month. I may go to that. Randy:thumb

Damage, almost always, so Santa Cruz must be special. Totally missing, about twice a year here in Central CA.. I do call and get one pronto, first class. My mag always hits my doorstep around the third week of the month, so not even close to good timing. I do know you can, for a nominal fee, have the mag sent first class by 'MOA every month. I may go to that. Randy:thumb

I too usually get mine damaged in mailing. Maybe we should get a printer/supplier to have them encapsulated in a plastic wrapper like my American Bonanza Society mag comes in. Too many automatic machines handeling our mail now days and too much damage.

Jack

My News gets hand delivered by an old guy riding an R26, so it's always a little late. :)

...my American Bonanza Society Society mag...jaherbst

But the Beechcraft guys can afford those wrappers...:D

Last edited:
I've not received one in I believe 2-3 months now. I've been grabbing them as they show up at my dealer. You just reminded me to contact the circulation department again.

Really, does the MOA have any recourse when the USPS (that is screaming and crying and pleading to keep it's job it would seem...) does this apparently on a regular basis???

IMG_20111011_163805.jpg

IMG_20111011_163823.jpg

IMG_20111011_163854.jpg

IMG_20111011_163910.jpg

Pretty much folded spindled and mutilated.....

Back