• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Blue Ridge Parkway "End-to-Enders"

Yep:)

I agree. I have three acres where I live now in CA., far from people and could have 30+ back there, same price:) Culpepper in the 60s was cheap, maybe not now. That bottom 100 miles of the BRP is to my liking:). Randy:thumb

I agree. I have three acres where I live now in CA., far from people and could have 30+ back there, same price:) Culpepper in the 60s was cheap, maybe not now. That bottom 100 miles of the BRP is to my liking:). Randy:thumb

The prices aren't so good near the San Francisco of the East (Asheville). Flower children of the 60s and their relatives have taken over most of the area and driven up prices. The area has become popular and relatively expensive. Some of the other mountain counties have been discovered by monied city folks and it has made some areas expensive. I live in a cheap undiscovered area.

Brp

Wife and I are planning to go Oct 27-30,2011. Any recommendations for where to say and rides. Thinking about staying at little Switzerland. Any help or advice would be appreciated
Bill Ragon

Cherahola Skyway!

Hey Bill,

My favorite ride on the whole trip was The Cherahola Skyway. Love those long sweeping curves! I also spent a day riding around in Great Smokey Mountains National Park........it's spectacular. Don't forget to get some of that yummy BBQ! Have fun and be safe. Don

Wife and I are planning to go Oct 27-30,2011. Any recommendations for where to say and rides. Thinking about staying at little Switzerland. Any help or advice would be appreciated
Bill Ragon

Bill,

So far as Little Switzerland and places to stay here's what I know of:

Big Lynn Lodge: This is where we stayed for 2 nights and really liked it. They have suites, hotel rooms facing the parkway and mountains and cabins. Very friendly atmosphere. Your room/cabin rate includes breakfast and dinner for 2. Great dinner views. The slide show on our blog (link below in signature) has pictures from there in the posting "As Promised" in the section of "Fandy Gap to Little Switzerland" in the slide show.

Switzerland Inn & Diamondback Lodge (lodge is motorcycles only): We saw it and it looks nice. I have a friend who stayed there and really liked it.

Skyline Inn & Cavern Tavern: We drove past it and it looked cool. All room overlook the mountains and have balconies.

Enjoy the trip!

Bill,

So far as Little Switzerland and places to stay here's what I know of:

Big Lynn Lodge: This is where we stayed for 2 nights and really liked it. They have suites, hotel rooms facing the parkway and mountains and cabins. Very friendly atmosphere. Your room/cabin rate includes breakfast and dinner for 2. Great dinner views. The slide show on our blog (link below in signature) has pictures from there in the posting "As Promised" in the section of "Fandy Gap to Little Switzerland" in the slide show.

Switzerland Inn & Diamondback Lodge (lodge is motorcycles only): We saw it and it looks nice. I have a friend who stayed there and really liked it.

Skyline Inn & Cavern Tavern: We drove past it and it looked cool. All room overlook the mountains and have balconies.

Enjoy the trip!
This is where I like to stay in Little Switzerland Its a little place called the Alpine Inn
It is just about a 1/2 mile from the Switzerland Inn down 226A. Small, quiet, quaint and run by a great couple. Views as good as the big Inn without all the turmoil and hustle of the bigger Inn and they make a great breakfast in the morning. I will wander up the Switzerland Inn for dinner as they have a great 5 star restaurant there (the roasted Duck is awesome!), but I always stay the Alpine Inn and just eat at the Switzerland Inn.

RM.

Before we built, we used to stay in Blowing Rock. A bit further north than Little Switzerland though. It's been 8 years since we stayed in a hotel / motel along the BRP. We've covered it all, but in segments.

Back