• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Email Survey

Motorwerk

I just received an email invite for a request for feedback on the rally from the MOA.

As an incentive to participate, $200 and $100 gift cards are offered to the chosen winners. Unfortunately, it mentions the survey must be completed by September 21.

Without or without a potential prize I would complete the survey anyway as I think it's a valiant effort to obtain feedback from the members. It at least shows interest in the membership contingent.

I certainly hope this was just a simple error. Either way it's the interest that matters most.

Took the survey. It all looks legit with topics related to the rally.

The email is valid as well, checked the headers. Mama didn't raise no fool. :D

Yup, Dave and I each got one, too. I sent a message to Tammy asking about the date, but haven't had a reply yet. Filled out the surveys anyway.

That's interesting. I had not heard about any such survey. Would someone please email me what you received?

thanks

<<Sue's email>>

Just took the survey, it seems more about if I'd come back to visit the local area. Nothing really on how to improve the Rally.

Sue, do you think the MOA rally committee will send out a survey as well?

Just took the survey, it seems more about if I'd come back to visit the local area. Nothing really on how to improve the Rally. Sue, do you think the MOA rally committee will send out a survey as well?

Casey - Good catch on that. As I learned this morning, the survey was actually generated by the Bloomsburg visitors center. Part of the deal was if we would send it to our group, we could add some questions as well. The group who received the survey link were the attendees who preregistered, since those were the ones who we could readily plug in their email addresses. The MOA does not share that information, which is why those emails came from our own headquarters.

To answer your second question: Yes, the Rally Review Committee is also working on a survey. Ours will be directed at several focus groups. The information we are focused on gathering would center around how any changes we consider implementing would impact our attendees. Many of these topics & suggestions have come from right here in this forum.

From our perspective: Right now we have a successful event. How can we make some changes to improve upon it.

Example: There was a case where Rally Site Selection committee evaluated a potential future rally site. The riding in the area was great, the venue was good, and some of the other variables were okay - but there were less than 200 hotel rooms nearby.
...... ..... ..... For people like me (who camp) - that would have worked. But for the several thousand other attendees - not so much.
:D

So - one question in the survey will be: How far are you willing to travel to your hotel room. Up to 50 miles, if it would mean a great rally site? Right now we are saying up to 30 miles, and we are getting complaints about how far that is. If the survey says the hotels need to be within (example) 10 miles, then that would put us in more metropolitan areas, which would discount some of those lovely locations in the less-populated areas.

Anyway - we are working on it. Thanks for asking.

As someone who received and replied honestly to the survey I feel as though I was duped by the MOA into thinking that this was a BMWMOA sponsored (take a good look at how it's presented) survey. Into completing it it became apparent that it was not. That's fine. Anything to help them out. I really did like Bloomsburg.

I have no problems with the MOA using information that I provided for purposes other then what it was provided for. I trust the good sense of it's executive.

As I sometimes do not read the fine print did I miss where my information could be shared outside our organization or used on behalf of others. If I missed it I apologize. If it's not there I would suggest adding an opting out feature.

But, when the MOA survey does come out please if you are sending it electronically please call it something like "THE OFFICIAL BMWMOA INTERNATIONAL RALLY SURVEY"

Thanks and happy riding.

Duly noted for future surveys to have included opt out and who/what/where the information is shared with.

Back