• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

aweful quiet around here.........

nytrashman

now that the heat of Bloomsburg is a faded memory whats everyone been up to since the national? I've been riding a little, working on my bike a little and my wife and I are headed up to Color in the Catskills this weekend. this will be the first time at Color in the Cats that we stay overnight, instead of heading home at the end of the day. so lets here what everyone's been up to since Bloomsburg, the rally's you may have attended or are planning to attend, work you've done to your bike, or anything else of interest that you've been doing.

Too comfy on bike.

Healing and dealing with the insurance company, after falling asleep with only 252 miles to go on what would have been a 3500 mile trip home from the rally. Ride report coming one of these days.

Went up to N.H. after the rally and picked up Cindylu and we rode 1350 miles back to illinois camping for two nights in the Finger Lakes area,then two motels and a night at her sisters'.Since then it has been hauling corn 12 hours a day and/or working at a fireplace shop.I did run down to the MOA open house and am planning on falling leaf. To 41077 sorry to hear that-heal up quick!!Ed

After Bloomsburg, I spent a weekend in mid-August at the Loonie-Tics' "Return to Trenton Rally". At the end of August, left with a friend from PA for a two week Canadian Maritime tour, including Old Quebec City, Quebec's Gasp?® Bay Peninsula, New Brunswick's Bay of Fundy, PEI, and then we teamed up with Bob's and Mary's "Salty Fog Rolling Rally" on Nova Scotia's Cape Breton Island. As soon as I got home, immediately left with my wife in the car for a short visit to Chicago. Now I am just deciding on whether or not to do one more decent ride or get the house ready for Old Man Winter. :banghead

Healing and dealing with the insurance company, after falling asleep with only 252 miles to go on what would have been a 3500 mile trip home from the rally. Ride report coming one of these days.

Yikes! I did not think that would be possible on a bike. I have pulled over to get something to drink and wished I could sleep. I know when I am tired and need energy but Yikes! Ride report wanted on that one. Curious if you just quit paying attention or literally shut your eyes and drifted off. Glad you are ok. Yes, definitely a ride report as experience like that can only help others learn a valuable lesson. I am freaked out thinking about that scenario.

Like Paul F mostly did; caught up on yard work, family time and began prep for the Satly Fog Rally in Nova Scotia. When the National is in the east or midwest I look for another substantial trip/rally to attend, most often after the MOA. If its out west I'll include travel in conjunction. Still a lot of Rallys to get to & enjoy; but that Cabot Trail, Maritime adventure may well become a repeat. Next up will be the appox 500mi out ( about my limit for a 3 nite event ) Falling Leaf in Mo.

Falling asleep

Falling asleep ride report will be titled Trip Fall.
9:15 a.m. very comfortable on the bike, morning chill gone, no traffic, 60 mph waiting for someone to pass me. I had a brief did I just nod warning then it was lights out. More on the exciting moments following waking up on the loose gravel shoulder soon.

Hi everyone, I'm going to send this over to Just Ridin' . 41077, glad your all right. When your up to it a RR would be interesting for all. Gary

Trip Fall finally posted

Just posted my ride report, sorry it's so long but it was a long trip and a short fall.

Biketoberfest, Sun Your Buns Rally in Venice, FL (Nov), The Low Country Boil at Tybee Island, GA (Dec 3). A great way to end the year. :wave :dance :drink

Back