• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Superbike school

R

reidguyton

I've just returned from a dream vacation: the California Superbike School at Streets of Willow Springs. This was one of the best experiences riding that can be had, especially as it's on the RR. Riding and training at speed is as exhilarating as it is educational. I can't recommend the school highly enough. And the bike...Let's just say it saved my butt more than once out there.

Great vacation

That is great that you took advantage of the streets on the 1000RR. I've been eyeing a program like that for a while and really need to get more serious about it. There is also the the Fly and ride orange at Mid-Ohio program.

If I may ask, what was the total expense for the weekend was. (Did you rent leathers...)

California Superbike school offers one and two day events, and everyone starts out in Level I. You can use your own bike and/or gear, but for the 2-day "camp" bike and gear rental is included, as well as as breakfast and lunch and all the snacks, drinks, salt tabs you want. Gear includes one piece racing leathers, boots, gloves, helmet and back protector. Several people brought their own stuff and I'm not sure how much money that saved but for the"works" it ran around $2100, not including transportation and lodging for 2 nights. I did Levels I and II, and am sure that I will do Levels III and IV next year. Having your coach leading you personally as you ride was very instructive. All the personnel were very helpful and encouraging. For more info , you can check out the website: superbikeschool.com.

Thanks! That really is a decent deal when you consider the expense of trailoring a bike, putting on new rubber....

Time to start collecting my change:wave

Back