• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Falling Leaf 2011

Fallin Leaf

Justin and Mrs Ainhuis will be attending. Him: return trip; Her: 1st time (BE NICE and "what happened in Potosi, stayed in Potosi, right?")Justin Ainhuis (remember, the "H" is silent)

I have not been back there since the bad luck weekend, when Rachael got sick.
That Sunday was the beginning of the end of our life. (as we knew it), and I admit it,
I am afraid.

I will certainly miss hanging with you all, but have fun, and it looks to be a great weekend.
Perhaps some year I will screw up the courage to go, and break the curse.

MarkM,

I'm riding a pearl silver RS. It has color-matched bags and a black Givi top case. See you tomorrow!:wave

From the LD list:

Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 10:47:34 -0500
To: LDRider <LDRider@ibdone.org>
Subject: [LDRider] St. Louis traffic advisory: I-70 closed, yes
closed, this weekend 10/7-8-9
Message-ID:
<CANA2qKEO4biz8CMP8UibCt0Su9OhR+g4TE=Y9Z=Qjr6KxnDNzA@mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1

Not a time of year for lots of east/west motorcycle traffic, but with this
crowd you never know.

Anyhow, MODOT is closing I-70 near downtown STL (about mm249) Friday night
10/7 8pm until 5pm Sunday 10/9. Unfortunate travelers who blunder into this
mess will have a 2-mile, 12 controlled-intersection detour. They're
bringing down bridgework, heckuva mess.

Alternatives: probably best to take the 270 loop on the north side, or
255/270 loop on the south side. I-64 is usually a good alternate, however
the downtown terminus merges with I-70 to get across the Mississippi, so the
potential for backups / general cluster-x is high.

Forewarned is forearmed, and all that.

Lowell Mattox - St. Louis
(where, otherwise, it's predicted to be a delightful fall weekend here for
riding or whatever...sunny, 70's)

Voni
sMiling

Northbound I-270 on my R90, I saw two southbound beemers.. stuck in traffic. :wave

Something came up, so I won't be camping. I'll be there Saturday, all day, though.

Bottom of the 9th Cardinals up 1 -0. They will be dancing in St. louis tonight if they can hang on. have a great weekend.

201110090102.jpg

The weather was beautiful and our party had a great time. Thanks to Gateway Riders for another super rally and thanks too for mentioning our clubs rally, The Trail of Tears on the River Rally, at the closing ceremonies!

more pics

Thank You Gateway Riders, you put on a great rally. Third year for me, looking forward to next year.

DSC0036-M.jpg

DSC0033-M.jpg

Really liked these two
DSC0039-M.jpg

DSC0040-M.jpg

This KLR owner custom machined some nice brackets, and guards, even made cases.
DSC0034-M.jpg

Trying the hammock thingy this year, it is comfortable.

DSC0032-M.jpg

Rode 320 miles on sat. below Potosi, WOW. Awesome winding roads, some color, some wildlife to keep you on your game.

Last edited:
I'll ad another pic to the mix...Great Rally.

Attachments

• IMG-20111008-00143.jpg
    IMG-20111008-00143.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 131
I-64 Bridge is back open after last weekend. Life is good.

Word of caution regarding routing through Louisville, KY.
The I-64 bridge across the Ohio river has been closed with no expected opening date. An alternate route over the I-65 bridge and using I-265 back to I64 in Indiana is available.

However congestion is very heavy during traffic times. Alternative routing may be prudent. YMMV

Back