• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sept ON ?

Not sure where to post this question, but here it is:

Sept 21st and I have not received my September issue of the Owners News magazine ??????????????

Call the business office in the AM...they should be able to send you one pronto!

ph # (636)394-7277

Sept ON - Also in NC

I had not received my Sept ON issue by Sept 15, so I called the MOA office. The next day, I received my ON and then I received the replacement issue on Sept 19.

They told me when I called that someone else from North Carolina had called requesting a replacement.

Bill

Mine also arrived on the 19th though a friend who lives about 50 miles away in Bolivia NC got it about 2 full weeks sooner so I had already read what little of it I find interesting (the columns by Glaves and Parkhouse. I do not find the majority of the travel stuff worthwhile and the so-called bike reviews are 3rd rate and uncritical so not useful). Deliveries to at least some parts of NC are slow!

Other comments- it was the second issue sent to me that had a renew membership reminder. I renew through the website and website programing is not up to snuff re membership renewal because at least in my case it did not permit renewal in early August (Sept 30 expiration- the website failed to display any sort of opportunity to renew in early Aug) when I attempted to do so after receiving the first notice. It did allow renewal in early Sept so I'm thinking there is something like a 30 day prior to expiration window before it allows renewal or perhaps some not well coordinated data dump from another file. Whatever programming is preventing renewal earlier should be fixed! So the club mailed me a second mag with the renewal reminder that would not have been needed if the website and mag were better coordinated. Whatever costs are associated with that second reminder could have been avoided if the website functioned better.

To me it is very odd that I couldn't simply extend my membership by website renewal at any time. Are any members lost because those "on the fence" about renewing don't make a second attempt?

I called the office this morning, they are sending me a copy. The person i spoke with said they had received a ton of calls about missing/late issues this month.
She was not sure if it was a problem at the printers or with the USPS.
My bet it is the latter of the two.

I get several monthly magazines and some frequently arrive with damaged covers.
One month all I got was the cover of one. :banghead

I called the office this morning, they are sending me a copy. The person i spoke with said they had received a ton of calls about missing/late issues this month.
She was not sure if it was a problem at the printers or with the USPS.
My bet it is the latter of the two.

I get several monthly magazines and some frequently arrive with damaged covers.
One month all I got was the cover of one. :banghead

my guess...

As of the 24 ,I never received my Sept issue. I just gave up getting it this month. Hope to have better luck with next months issue. Mine doesn't show up until the middle of the month anyway.
Not knowing who to contact, I emailed Ray Zimmerman to explain that I did not receive my Sept issue, didn't get a response, didn't really expect one. I'm sure he is not the one I should have emailed.

Val

see post #2 for phone number to business office.

I wonder if the weather issues and regional flooding damaged/delayed some mail this month as well?

I called on the 22nd , still no magazine.

I guess i will try and read the on line version.
Hey, maybe the MOA is testing us to see if they can save printing costs. ????????

I got my September issue yesterday -- September 28. That was close, I thought it was going to come in October...

Mine arrived today. Disappointed to get it so late but pleased that the office got it to me a few days after leaving message that it was MIA.

Back