• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

First Annual Gypsies Return to Marienville Fall (down) at Frank's

RIK

Hey GS Giants and friends,Oct. 21-23 at forest Lodge and Campground, Rt. 66, six miles north of Marienville. N41 32.145 W79 02.658. Nothing fancy, just great riding and better laughs. Let me know ASAP if you're coming, spangler.rick@gmail.com. I have reserved some campsites. Can request more. If you live around the Pittsburgh area and can volunteer a pickup and driver let me know.

Matt and I are tenatively in. Just need to figure out travel arrangements and dog sitter.

First GS Giant Fall (down) - WooHoo

All, greetings from Ottawa...this is now on the 'go to' list - great opportunity and looking forward to hitting (one way or another) the roads that (unfortunately) didn't get done.

Email to Rick on its way.

Cheers, Bruce
:dance

So, I'm guessing we should call Frank directly to make reservations in the honeymoon suite.

if you haven't ridden up this way, you're really missing some great trails and a campground that's smack dab in the middle of it all.

ian

What do we need to bring for survival...other than gas.

Snow, whats this snow crap? Not having made it to Frank's for the start of the GS Giant, was wondering what essentials for life are needed, or close at hand, less a cabin vice tent possibly. Are all of us going to fit into the Honeymoon Cabin?

Candy, ah yes, anything else the queen needs, other than a dogsitter?

Bruce

There are several comfortable motel rooms there. i plan on making a reservation. Gas station/convenience store is a mile or so down the road and town is 4-5 miles. In town, there are a very few restaurants (I can think of 3),and a dollar store.

I would pack clothes. Everything else is manageable.

Hopefully I will have a dog sitter lined up in the next day or so.

no snow but frost on the tent was close enough

We made it, no candy but you can't have it all, rain when I left and still raining when arrived, Gus you saved the day a tent, beer and a meal, Saturday nice and dry, some good riding.

Rick next year again.

Fall (down) report

Well, we had a good weekend. Mike, Ernie, Scott, Lynn, Gus and Juno the WonderDog, and myself were in attendance. Fri. it rained and it rained. Lots and lots of mud. We ate very well, drank even better. Sat., lots of mud, great riding. We rode a portion of the least paved route then went over to Benezette and saw the Elk herd. It finally cleared up late Sat. so it was dinner and drinks under the starry sky. Sun., woke up to frozen tent zippers and frosty bike seats. Good times.
Minutes of an impromptu meeting will read that a decision was made to hold this event again next year, all those present voted in favor. The Safety Committee held meetings, I.D decals were handed out.
Thanks to all those that came, a special thanks to Gus. Hope to see more of you there next year.
Rick

Back