• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camping photos

Not exactly a "camping photo" . . . my tent in a REFORGER exercise in Germany in 1980. :wave

View attachment 56864

And the reason I will never go "camping" again. :wave

Oh cammo netting; how I hate thee, let me count the ways. Totally understand your loath for camping Chaplin. I think I said the same thing a couple of times during and after my army career. I will say this, one of the most rewarding experiences post Army was camping at Fontana dam, sitting out by my tent in my Kermit chair reading Mathew with no cell phone coverage. Civilian camping is quite different from the bivouac. It's relative low cost compared to hotel costs opened the door to the extended rally footprint for me. Being able to stay a week verses a day or two. And once I figured out what technology I needed, I've been relatively comfortable in my camping excursions as of late.

We used our new Nomad for the first time this summer. The tent is great and I enjoy the space and ability to stand-up to get dressed. It is big to haul so we will use it only some times. These were taken in prince George, BC....

AKTOMTJune62011012.jpg

AKTOMTJune62011006.jpg

For our trips on dirt roads, where we need a more manageable load, we use a MSR Mother Hubba. This was taken in Chicken, AK. It's always nice to camp under a pavillion when it's raining....

SAM_0378.jpg

SAM_0377.jpg

Now that is what it is all about!! fresh air, bikes and camping life couldn't get much better

Request. It would be great to know the make and model of the tent in each of your posts.

Nice photos btw.

My tent was an Army issue GP (General Purpose) Small with camo netting. It wouldn't fold up small enough to be transported on a motorcycle. :wave

GS Giants March Moto Madness at Song Dog Ranch

IMG_7868.jpg

IMG_7937.jpg

IMG_7902.jpg

In my youth, camped, hiked, and rode motor driven cycles as much as possible.
Did not camp or ride much for 25 years.
10 years ago I got the itch to ride again, and started looking for a street legal XR400.
The '92 R100 GSPD was purchased after it sat on Cycle Trader for over a month. (15,000 miles) No Honda XR400 bikes were posted locally at the time.
About 5 years ago a fellow rider asked me to go to a Horizons Unlimited event in Cambria Ca.
He had to talk me into it.
It was a great experience despite having an old crappy tent & sleeping bag!
New gear has replaced the old, and I look forward to the next camping trip as soon as I get home from the last one!

Last edited:
Photo Jul 18, 5 23 56 PM.jpg
"Mosquito hell camp" in the Chilcotin area of British Columbia, Canada. Billions of mosquitoes. We had to stop and camp alongside a dirt road here because of poor weather and extremely muddy and slippery roads.

983916_10209254951156428_2540752612822687012_n.jpg

At the San Antonio Riders Hill Country Campout this last weekend.

Voni
sMiling

Illinois Airhead Camp-Out

Illinois Airhead Camp-Out 164 miles from home 2/12 hour drive, less time when stay alive speed about 85 MPH told my wife that she said you go 85 mph on your motorcycle, silly wife.
Tent big enough for one, need the big milk crate for camping tripsIMG_1012.jpg

Apple crap

IMG_1012.jpg

May have apple crap figured out this is how earlier pic should have looked
Mountainsmith cottonwood 6 tent

Last edited:
Barley having supper on the shoulder of Mt Rainier after crossing a VERY HOT stretch from Missoula across Idaho and eastern Washington.

His belly full, he passed out under the table with his beloved ball. Later, as the cold took hold, he crawled into my sleeping bag and we slept through the night cuddled together.

Rainier was such a magical place!

More of March Moto Madness at SongDog Ranch in Central California!

IMG_7939.jpg

IMG_7870.jpg

IMG_7889.jpg
Thanks Randy and Jim!

It is Northeast of the Thomas Fire damage,

Last edited:
A couple from AirHead events lately.

Salton Sea/Mecca Beach Veterans Day weekend in November.

IMG_1045.jpg
Photo on iPhone 6 with help from Snapseed.

Last weeks First/Last Chance Rendezvous (or is it Last/First ?)
IMG_9771.jpg

IMG_9790.jpg
The weather was purrrfect!

Last edited:
Back