• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Camping photos

Hell's Canyon, OR

IMG1848-XL.jpg

Montana

Outside of Bozeman, near the Hot Springs; great way to end long day's ride

Attachments

• Trip West 2009 205.jpg
    Trip West 2009 205.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 837
West Virginia

Monongahela National Forrest

Attachments

• Motorcycle trip to TN.VA.WV.and Southeast OH. 028.jpg
    Motorcycle trip to TN.VA.WV.and Southeast OH. 028.jpg
    101 KB · Views: 836
Routt National Forest Sept 2011

Riding the CDR we detoured to the east after crossing the border from Wyoming...lots of the area was closed due to pine beetles....but we found this place out in the middle of the wilderness. Six riders, six GS/GSA's...hated to come home.

Attachments

• P1000120web.jpg
    P1000120web.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 1,146
CDR continued

Last day on the CDR we camped in Del Norte by the Rio Grande. Some of the guys broke out the fly fishing gear...no luck. We ate like kings. Walt (standing left side) had the great idea of going back into town to get some pies, some ice and beer. The man clearly had his priorities in order....first pie then beer!! No one wanted to pack any of their freeze dried goodies home so, we all laid out what we had left. We cranked up the Jet Boils and proceeded to have a great time eating, sippin on many cold ones, smoking some fine cigars, all the while sitting by the fire, listening to the river, and sharing the stories of the day.

Attachments

• P1000239web.jpg
    P1000239web.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 1,144
Last edited:
Cold winter camping in the Redwoods where if you want a fire to cook on, you'd better import dry wood into the insanely wet forest. :eat
I usually don't care to pay to camp right next to people or for firewood, but I had the campground to myself - The Masses don't like the cold and wet, and I don't like The Masses so it all worked out this night.

L1035371-Version-2-XL.jpg

L1035045-Version-2-XL.jpg

L1035027-Version-2-XL.jpg

L1035040-Version-2-XL.jpg

L1035382-XL.jpg

L1035039-Version-2-XL.jpg

Thank you!

More photos!

Death Valley last week, the burros were hollering that night. It's such an ugly sound. :D

2012-02-26-at-18-13-21-XL.jpg

Last edited:
hot hot hot!

Challis Valley RV in Challis, MT was one of the friendliest places we camped this summer.

P1250663.jpg

Voni
sMiling

And the hot springs is the BEST! Fun to recall stopping there on my way to Missoula in '98. If you're out in that neck o' the woods it's a great stop at the end of a long day on some great mountain roads.

Bay of Fundy with my daughter.

We liked the campground so much we stayed there again on our return trip from NS & PEI.

Bar Harbor KOA

The Bar Harbor KOA, Bar Harbor, Maine:

Harry

Attachments

• Cabot 027.jpg
    Cabot 027.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 872
Back