• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Camping photos

marchyman

Cam Killer
We ride. Some of us camp. Got any photos to share of your camp set-up? This is my current favorite:

p-20110826-1954-3449.jpg

Or camping in Death-Valley... not quite a green. :D

p-20110415-1815-2937.jpg

What pictures do you have?

We used our new Nomad for the first time this summer. The tent is great and I enjoy the space and ability to stand-up to get dressed. It is big to haul so we will use it only some times. These were taken in prince George, BC....

AKTOMTJune62011012.jpg

AKTOMTJune62011006.jpg

For our trips on dirt roads, where we need a more manageable load, we use a MSR Mother Hubba. This was taken in Chicken, AK. It's always nice to camp under a pavillion when it's raining....

SAM_0378.jpg

SAM_0377.jpg

tough packing!

GSA's carry a lot:). Only takes 4 hours to pack this tent:). Along the Rio Grande near Big Bend NP...Randy

Attachments

• P1290016.jpg
    P1290016.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 1,649
The perfect campsite for me;

1. Must be down a small rough enough road to keep the masses away, and no neighbors for at least 10 miles
2. A nearby stream for drinking water and/or fishing
3. A big fire
4. A good bottle of scotch
5. A cool girl who carries her own crap on a GS

Brandy, not scotch. I've no complaints about the other 4 items. :thumb

Although the fire doesn't have to be quite that big.

1070271383_rqLnx-O.jpg

Taken last weekend at the Buckeye Flat campground in Sequoia National Park. My tent. In the background is a friend is catching up on some reading after a short morning ride.

p-11260-3553.jpg

Challis Valley RV in Challis, MT was one of the friendliest places we camped this summer.

P1250663.jpg

Voni
sMiling

The Expo Rally in July

For the first two days, I was the only one on two wheels there. Had a great time. Next year, I'll be going on three wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_6172.jpg
    IMG_6172.jpg
    155.3 KB · Views: 931
Back