• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

R1200ST bar risers/handlebars

E

ELTIGRE1

I have an R1200St with Verholen risers, but need even more handlebar relief due to carpal-tunnel. I need something that brings the bars back, like the old K1200RS and R1100RS models used to have. I have considered the LSL conversion but would like to see a picture of the setup on the R1200ST before dropping the big bucks. Anybody got any suggestions or maybe a picture of the LSL bars on an R1200ST? Thanks.

Thanks, Briana,

I already have the Verholen risers, but they still don't provide enough relief. I think the LSL bars might, but want to see a picture or hear from someone who has used them.

...I'm considering an ST. I actually make barbacks f the R1100S.
What's available out there for the ST besides the Verholens?
What's an LSL?
If I get this bike I may be compelled to design a set....:lurk

Semper_Fi who responds to the bmwsporttouring link below has info on what you are asking about. His wife have the kit you mention on her ST. I would send him an e-mail.

http://bmwsporttouring.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=350715

Brian

Brian - thanks

What I ended up doing was putting on a AC Schnitzer pull back bars.

It replaces the triple tree so you can out on regualr pull back bars with the additons of some handlebar risers - this effectively pulled up and back the bars well over 3 inches from the Verholen setup

Any interest PM me

Luis

I am under the impression...

that the new AC Schnitzer fork will accommodate other handlebars besides the one that it ships with. That way you can keep buying new bars endlessly looking for the perfect fit!

Back