• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Sept ON

barryg

Just got my Sept. MOA ON's. Good read. But, It came thru the ringer again. Wrinkled, and partially shredded on front cover page. Third month in a row like this. Mainly the front face page. Scotch taped it up again. Used to get one like this maybe once in a year. Now three of of a kind. A poker hand. I like to get'em in good condition, but. Mag is readable and Ireally hate myself for complaining. That little kid does look cute in the sidecar. :violin :scratch I'll get over it. :dunno

Unfortunately with all the postal cuts coming, it's probably going to get worse. Bummer huh. Perhaps it's time to go electronic? :dunno

My browser doesn't work when I'm here. :deal

p-20110826-1954-3449.jpg

Always late but in great condition

I live in British Columbia, Canada and seldom receive the ON before the middle of the month and often later. But it is always in a plastic cover and always arrives in pristine condition.

Since postal service between these two countries is often slow for regular mail, I just accept it as a fact that I have to wait for the new issue.

My question is "why doesn't the MOA use those plastic covers for mailing in the US?" There are certainly enough gripes on this website about the condition many of you US guys/gals receive your ON.

I think you are owed an explanation. Different rules for mailing out of country? Extra cost for a plastic cover? Something else? Do persue it if you are getting mangled mags.

Perhaps Canadian members in other provinces could comment on the how their ON arrives.

The solution is simple and right in front of the noses of do-nothing MOA management, i.e. wrap the magazine in plastic like so many other reputable clubs do. For all the effort our "representatives" burn making excuses for this, they could have just solved the problem by now.

Wonder why mine are never damaged here in the mountains of Virginia? I have gotten one damaged magazine from another publisher in the last 12+ years.

I never got one damaged but the BMW Car Club does send theirs out in plastic. Matter of fact I got the new issue yesterday.

Another Mangled Magazine

My September ON arrived yesterday with mangled front and back covers as well as last two pages all wrinkled up, but still readable. I figured my local PO guys just went "postal" with it or something. Also, some folks like to display covers of their favorite magazines ( i.e. framing/wall mounting ). So it would be nice if the address label was an easily removable (peel-off) sticker rather than being embedded in the front cover obscuring part of the scenery. Just a thought. Great magazine though!

Almost completely ripped off back cover. Otherwise, very readable. I'd rather it came in plastic.

Just my $0.02,
Jer

My ON regularly arrives mangled, which is a frequent occurrence and the last two issues. I have had only one other magazine I receive, arrive mangled in the last year or so. Maybe my post office hates BMW? I too have wondered why they are not sent in plastic, especially since this seems to be an on-going problem for many others as well.

Mine was warped too. Looks like it got wet, the edges of the pages were curled.

Those plastic covers sure would be nice, but I'm sure it's another expense that the MOA can't afford. Besides, who is going to stuff the magazines in them?? :huh

Mine come in generally readable condition, but it's been awhile since I've had a pristine ON magazine arrive.

C

Another abused Sept. issue here.

To the MOA:

Plastic wrapping costs additional money -- WE get that.

Your members want plastic wrapping -- YOU need to get that.

Figure out what it costs per member's issue, multiply by 12, and add that to the annual dues.

Or find some other way to fund it.

But DO it.

I live in British Columbia, Canada and seldom receive the ON before the middle of the month and often later. But it is always in a plastic cover and always arrives in pristine condition.

Since postal service between these two countries is often slow for regular mail, I just accept it as a fact that I have to wait for the new issue.

My question is "why doesn't the MOA use those plastic covers for mailing in the US?" There are certainly enough gripes on this website about the condition many of you US guys/gals receive your ON.

I think you are owed an explanation. Different rules for mailing out of country? Extra cost for a plastic cover? Something else? Do persue it if you are getting mangled mags.

Perhaps Canadian members in other provinces could comment on the how their ON arrives.

My copy of Cycle Canada also arrives here in CT really late, and in a plastic bag !! It is classed as " not important " mail, so when it gets here ... it does !!! Anticipation drives me CRAZY !!!:ca

Back