Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sept ON

Sept ON

Just got my Sept. MOA ON's. Good read. But, It came thru the ringer again. Wrinkled, and partially shredded on front cover page. Third month in a row like this. Mainly the front face page. Scotch taped it up again. Used to get one like this maybe once in a year. Now three of of a kind. A poker hand. I like to get'em in good condition, but. Mag is readable and Ireally hate myself for complaining. That little kid does look cute in the sidecar. I'll get over it.

Unfortunately with all the postal cuts coming, it's probably going to get worse. Bummer huh. Perhaps it's time to go electronic?
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

It is electronic (at least to the August 2011 issue - see http://www.bmwmoa.org/ownersnews/on_online
    JWMcDonald
    2016 R1200RS (current)
    2003 R1150RS (prior) / 1978 R80/7 (prior) / 1966 R69S (prior) / 1972 R75/5 (prior)
    Windsor, California

Quote Originally Posted by JWMcDonald View Post
    It is electronic (at least to the August 2011 issue - see http://www.bmwmoa.org/ownersnews/on_online
    I know, but I don't read it in the electronic verson, since I don't have a portable reader. But, it might be time to get one. That was more my point, but didn't state it.
    Jeff in W.C.
    1988 R100 RT (the other woman)
    "I got my motorcycle jacket but I'm walking all the time." Joe Strummer

No portable reader needed. Just read it in your browser!
    Kansas. Eleven curves in three hundred eighteen miles...
    '09 R1200RT, '70 R75/5, '73 R75/5, '11 Ural Patrol
    N0PGH
    Iron Butt Assoc. #47865

My browser doesn't work when I'm here.

Always late but in great condition

I live in British Columbia, Canada and seldom receive the ON before the middle of the month and often later. But it is always in a plastic cover and always arrives in pristine condition.

Since postal service between these two countries is often slow for regular mail, I just accept it as a fact that I have to wait for the new issue.

My question is "why doesn't the MOA use those plastic covers for mailing in the US?" There are certainly enough gripes on this website about the condition many of you US guys/gals receive your ON.

I think you are owed an explanation. Different rules for mailing out of country? Extra cost for a plastic cover? Something else? Do persue it if you are getting mangled mags.

Perhaps Canadian members in other provinces could comment on the how their ON arrives.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    My browser doesn't work when I'm here.

I swear I can see an electrical cord and a USB port just to the left of the cooler! Is that a flat screen you're looking at? Must be High Def, because the fire looks so real.
    '17 R1200RT '93 R100RS
    MOA #46783

The solution is simple and right in front of the noses of do-nothing MOA management, i.e. wrap the magazine in plastic like so many other reputable clubs do. For all the effort our "representatives" burn making excuses for this, they could have just solved the problem by now.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S

Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Wonder why mine are never damaged here in the mountains of Virginia? I have gotten one damaged magazine from another publisher in the last 12+ years.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

I never got one damaged but the BMW Car Club does send theirs out in plastic. Matter of fact I got the new issue yesterday.

Another Mangled Magazine

My September ON arrived yesterday with mangled front and back covers as well as last two pages all wrinkled up, but still readable. I figured my local PO guys just went "postal" with it or something. Also, some folks like to display covers of their favorite magazines ( i.e. framing/wall mounting ). So it would be nice if the address label was an easily removable (peel-off) sticker rather than being embedded in the front cover obscuring part of the scenery. Just a thought. Great magazine though!
    "Don't worry 'bout the mules boy, just load the wagon!"

Odd...my cover was also just hanging on.

Almost completely ripped off back cover. Otherwise, very readable. I'd rather it came in plastic.

Just my $0.02,
    Jer
    Jerry Palma
    99 K1200LTI Champagne 'Oh, Kay' (dropped: 6); 97 K1100LT Aspen Silver Night 'The Silver Knight';
    I love these bikes regardless of what I've needed to fix on them. I'll: Just Ride 'em!

Arrived yesterday in pristine condition ... for once.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden
    Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner
    1963 Dnepr