Thread: 2011 R1200RT Radio System Speakers

2011 R1200RT Radio System Speakers

Has anyone obtained and used the four-pin connector discussed on page 56 of the radio manual to hook up an intercom? Maybe an AutoCom? Were you successful?

It discusses connecting speakers or cable-connected communications and controlling it via the LINE OUT function on the radio, page 20.

THANKS!
    Last edited by opsailor; 09-06-2011 at 07:36 PM.
    OPSailor

2010 R1200RT. Yes, I purchased the correct plug at my dealer. Wired it into a 3.5mm wire and female jack and ran it to my glove box. From your audio settings, you turn on the line out and then if you turn your fader all the way to the rear you then have all the sound going to what ever you have plugged into the the 3.5mm jack. From there I hooked up a bluetooth adaptor that worked well with my bluetooth helmet. I ended up having my dealer upgrade the bike to bluetooth so now I just use the 3.5 mm jack to run earbuds in my helmet that does not have the audio system. If you have a need for a line out to something like 3.5 jack, it works quite well. I attached a picture of the part number for the plug and what each wire goes to.
    Attached Images Attached Images

MATTWALSTON
    Can the unused ring on the plug be for sending voice into a factory Zumo?