• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Throttle Body Sync

R

ronbo

Since I have recently had trouble getting a response out of a dealership pertaining to maintenance, that is close to my location, I suppose I will have to take on many maintenance tasks myself. One being bleeding my servo assisted ABS and the other attempting to sync my throttle bodies. I have looked at two different sync units, one being the Morgan Carbtune and the other the Twin Max and would like any and all recommendations. I have been a electronic maintenance tech for almost 30 years, a fly by the seat of my britches garage motorcycle mechanic, so I'm hoping I can pull both of these tasks off with a little luck. I also have a 77 KZ1000 so I'm thinking that the 4 tubed Morgan Carbtune may be a good choice, only if it is a better choice than the other mentioned. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I will be installing barbacks on my 04 R1150RS as well and any ABS bleeding suggestions, after install, would be greatly appreciated. I plan on purchasing a few items off of beemer boneyard, DVDs and special funnel, to assist in the project. Thanks.

Since I have recently had trouble getting a response out of a dealership pertaining to maintenance, that is close to my location, I suppose I will have to take on many maintenance tasks myself. One being bleeding my servo assisted ABS and the other attempting to sync my throttle bodies. I have looked at two different sync units, one being the Morgan Carbtune and the other the Twin Max and would like any and all recommendations. I have been a electronic maintenance tech for almost 30 years, a fly by the seat of my britches garage motorcycle mechanic, so I'm hoping I can pull both of these tasks off with a little luck. I also have a 77 KZ1000 so I'm thinking that the 4 tubed Morgan Carbtune may be a good choice, only if it is a better choice than the other mentioned. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. BTW I will be installing barbacks on my 04 R1150RS as well and any ABS bleeding suggestions, after install, would be greatly appreciated. I plan on purchasing a few items off of beemer boneyard, DVDs and special funnel, to assist in the project. Thanks.

I have a four position Morgan Carbtune that I will now be selling. I really only need a two cylinder unit for my bikes. Today I tuned my bike with my new tool and I have to say after using a Morgan and a TwinMax I like this device a LOT. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625
It is more stable than the TwinMax, easy to read and the RPM function is nice to have. Great new addition to the tune up tools.

After using vacuum gauges years ago, a manometer and then a Twinmax I now have a Harmonizer and love it. :heart

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=701625

No bouncing needle or recalibration. The tach function on the display makes the job easier too.

No financial interest in them just helped the builder with some modifications for use with Urals. Only available in 2 tube now but a 4 tube is in the works.

:buds

brake bleeding

Since you mentioned brake bleeding is on your agenda I will offer this link from the ADV rider Hall of Wisdom. I printed it out and use it religously when doing my brakes: http://advwisdom.hogranch.com/Wisdom/service_abs3.pdf

I would also advocate buying the brake fluid funnel with adapter at a reasonable price from Beemer Boneyard. I wish I had bought mine from them!

After using vacuum gauges years ago, a manometer and then a Twinmax I now have a Harmonizer and love it. :heart

I wouldn't mind watching you use the Harmonizer some time in the future. I am somewhat proficient with the Twinmax and would like to see what an improvement it is. I see you live in NW PA and I'm in the SW PA area.

Thanks

Back