Thread: Battery Ground...

SDGS Scott

Battery Ground...

Does anyone know where the frame ground line is attached from the negative battery lead on a 2001 F650 Dakar? I need to check the connection because of some Speedo and trip issues I am having before I replace my Motronic...

Scott

I don't want to sound smartass, but just follow from the battery and see where it goes.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

SDGS Scott
    If you were familiar with the F650GS series of that year, the battery cable is located deep inside a harness that is hard to follow in the frame and sub-assemblies... That is why I asked the question here. If I had a manual I also would have had the answer.

Scott

The manuals sometimes aren't all that good, so you might not have the answer. I just replaced a battery on my '03, but I had no reason to observe where the ground is. I doubt that it's very far.
    I think you'll really like the bike. Mine is the second one I've had. I sold the first one (also an '03) with 36000 miles on it. It was running great, had nothing wrong with it. I just didn't think I needed it anymore and with my R1150R and K75 and all the other stuff, I thought I needed the room. Well, that was a mistake. So three years later I went in search of anonther one and found an '03 with 5000 miles.

Good luck !
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90