• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Hello from Maine

J

johnzero

I just want to say hello. I just bought a 2005 R1200ST. I rode up to 8 years ago, when I sold my K75 to finance a wonderful electric guitar. No regret. Well, ok.. some regrets.

About a month ago the guy I sold the K75 to asked if I "wanted a Harley" - more a very long term loan (he is holding onto the K75). Well hell yes. The Sportster reminded me how much I love to ride, and taught me how little I want to ride a Harley.

So after a few weeks of intense research I found the ST, about 100 miles away, with 6,600 miles on it, being sold by a very sweet and motivated guy. The thing is such a perfect fit for me - precise and nimble, but still comfortable, a terrific fairing, and all under 500 lbs. I'm in love.

I've been scouring the site looking for references and other information. Thanks for all the great information here.

John

I just want to say hello. I just bought a 2005 R1200ST. I rode up to 8 years ago, when I sold my K75 to finance a wonderful electric guitar. No regret. Well, ok.. some regrets.

About a month ago the guy I sold the K75 to asked if I "wanted a Harley" - more a very long term loan (he is holding onto the K75). Well hell yes. The Sportster reminded me how much I love to ride, and taught me how little I want to ride a Harley.

So after a few weeks of intense research I found the ST, about 100 miles away, with 6,600 miles on it, being sold by a very sweet and motivated guy. The thing is such a perfect fit for me - precise and nimble, but still comfortable, a terrific fairing, and all under 500 lbs. I'm in love.

I've been scouring the site looking for references and other information. Thanks for all the great information here.

John

Welcome to the forum John. Did it come with snow chains? You'll find a pile of info in the hexhead/camhead area of the forum http://forums.forums.bmwmoa.orgdisplay.php?f=32 If you have any questions-just ask. Enjoy the new ride. Gary

Welcome John

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ST!

I'm not sure where in Maine you are located, but another good
resource in Maine is the BMW Riders of Southern Maine, a BMWMOA
chartered club. Our next club meeting is Saturday, September 10.
Come on down and meet some fellow Maine BMW riders. Good luck
with your new bike.

Don

Back