Thread: Hello from Maine

johnzero

Hello from Maine

I just want to say hello. I just bought a 2005 R1200ST. I rode up to 8 years ago, when I sold my K75 to finance a wonderful electric guitar. No regret. Well, ok.. some regrets.

About a month ago the guy I sold the K75 to asked if I "wanted a Harley" - more a very long term loan (he is holding onto the K75). Well‘«™ hell yes. The Sportster reminded me how much I love to ride, and taught me how little I want to ride a Harley.

So after a few weeks of intense research I found the ST, about 100 miles away, with 6,600 miles on it, being sold by a very sweet and motivated guy. The thing is such a perfect fit for me - precise and nimble, but still comfortable, a terrific fairing, and all under 500 lbs. I'm in love.

I've been scouring the site looking for references and other information. Thanks for all the great information here.

John

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by johnzero View Post
    I just want to say hello. I just bought a 2005 R1200ST. I rode up to 8 years ago, when I sold my K75 to finance a wonderful electric guitar. No regret. Well, ok.. some regrets.

About a month ago the guy I sold the K75 to asked if I "wanted a Harley" - more a very long term loan (he is holding onto the K75). Well‘«™ hell yes. The Sportster reminded me how much I love to ride, and taught me how little I want to ride a Harley.

So after a few weeks of intense research I found the ST, about 100 miles away, with 6,600 miles on it, being sold by a very sweet and motivated guy. The thing is such a perfect fit for me - precise and nimble, but still comfortable, a terrific fairing, and all under 500 lbs. I'm in love.

I've been scouring the site looking for references and other information. Thanks for all the great information here.

John
    Welcome to the forum John. Did it come with snow chains? You'll find a pile of info in the hexhead/camhead area of the forum http://forums.forums.bmwmoa.orgdisplay.php?f=32 If you have any questions-just ask. Enjoy the new ride. Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Welcome John

Hi John,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ST!

I'm not sure where in Maine you are located, but another good
    resource in Maine is the BMW Riders of Southern Maine, a BMWMOA
    chartered club. Our next club meeting is Saturday, September 10.
    Come on down and meet some fellow Maine BMW riders. Good luck
    with your new bike.

Don

Stronger, Faster, Tougher iRene's Avatar
    The season is relatively short, but SWEET here as you know... welcome!
    MOA Ambassador
    Sled Dog Touring Team | RSMaine | MOVermont
    '08 R1200GS | '60 R60