Thread: Blank Odometer

JXNMTNGUY

Blank Odometer

2005 F650GS

well... I have unplugged and re-plugged various things (including the BMS).... checked all fuses, stuck in a brand new battery, torn apart the instrument cluster looking for problems, and I can't think of what else to do.
    The damn odometer still just shows a series of dashes.... the trip odometer works but resets to zero with each shutdown. At he very beginning of this problem, a battery disconnect/re-connect did bring the odo back, but it was short lived.
    Is there a "aux" memory battery somewhere ??...so the the thing "remembers" when the main batt is disconnected??
    Any ideas would be very welcome as I am not sure where to go at this point...and this is really an annoying thing to have going on with the bike.
    desperate for a solution
    thanks

JXNMTNGUY
    addendum
    I have the instrument panel in my hands..(again). all connections blown clean, a little dielectric added... still no change. Traced wiring I can see...no chafe.
    Wish I new how to put alternate power to it......see if display returns...

Call your dealer and ask to speak to the Master Tech in the service department. The ones we have (Charlotte, NC) have always been happy to share information.
    AKA SNAPGADGET
    Lifes too short to ride an ugly Motorcycle