• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally Roll Call

X!

First MOA National since 1980 (Prineville, OR). Wonder if anything has changed? :brow

Oregon - '73 /5; Ohio - '04 RT
OR - AAA maps; OH - Microsoft map* and GPS
OR - CB radio; OH - cell phone
OR - info in ON and at rally; OH - info in ON and on Forum
OR - great fun, great folks; OH - bet this hasn't changed! :D

*WED: I-74>I-55>US24>US224>Motel in Van Wert (379.6 mi)
THU: US30>OH309>Rally campsite (32.4 mi)

Bubba It Is ALL Here

BubbaZanetti said:
i'm not sure if there's one of these or not, but post here if you're going to the rally, i'm curious who i get to meet! :D

X - that means i'll be there.
You will see all types of riders, little, big, short, tall, thin, wide but the most important part of what you will see is how this unique group will define the common theme, THE MACHINE we all ride that we are infatuated with, the BMW Motorcycle. It is the finest machine on two wheels on the planet. With this group it is not a life style defined by what you ware but by the fact that you ride a BMW and where you ride. This is just not another machine but she will reach out for a portion of you and will become a special peronallity in your life. She will allow you to do more than your comrades, she looks better, her curves are just more appealing, she leans in to a curve with the enthusiasim and control others long for, she handles the wind better, she will not leave you stranded on the road and she will be there for you at the push of a button. When you friends on the other brands are calling it a day you will smile as you and her head out for another few miles. And if you are lucky enough to have a special other she will accomidate them in a gracious manner.

You will get to meet all of these people and their soul mate that brought them to the rally. Each of the 7000 that you will incounter will be as special as your ride is to you.

Beemerville will welcome you home to others who like you understand why you do what you do and what you want.

Looking forward to meeting y'all

Fred
Co Chairman Hospitality

So, which camp area is everyone staying at, the Quiet, the Traditional or the Roughing it site? I'm thinking I'll park my tent in or between the traditional and roughing it site.

I'm a forum newbee and have been lurking in cyber shadows trying to get up to speed on the forum site and members. Looking forward to meeting everyone and some good humor and cold beer.

Pretty much if you show up at the Beer Garden any time you will find at least one of us around there. Any place at the rally is a good place to be. :thumb

imahaji said:
Yuppers I'll be there
Riding from SE Connecticut looking for a rider or two to team up with for a 1-2 day jaunt to Lima.
I am pretty much a lurker but looking forward to putting some faces to the tags.

Imahaji

Stonington, eh? Stop into Stonington Vineyards and tell the winemaker Mike that Bob says hello. :wave

bluestune wrote:
So, which camp area is everyone staying at, the Quiet, the Traditional or the Roughing it site? I'm thinking I'll park my tent in or between the traditional and roughing it site.

What we like to do is to camp in the quiet area, then party in the all night area, and then SLEEP quietly.

Only worry is the QUIET area isn't in the morning. They like to get up early and complain about the night before's fun ; )

Voni
sMiling

Long Rider said:
I'll be riding my K75 over from Baltimore unless I have a new bike by then. It looks like about 500 miles so I'll slab it about halfway and make it in one day. I'll be camping.

I'll be riding a K12GT out from Annapolis on the 20th. The wife and kids are heading out with the camper on the 19th. Let me know if you want to hook up for the ride out.

Campground map

With many of the rally participants not knowing any of the other rally participants how is one to know where the traditional campsites (what ever that means) are, as opposed to the "roughing it" campsites? How about a map with significant features noted such as proximity to beer garden and outhouses. A map symbol can be devised for gas powered blenders and persons with this appliance can all be religated to the blender getto.
I will camp a long crawl from the blenders. :drink

Spokane was our first National Rally but not the last. I'll be riding in from southern California but my wife has to fly due to her work schedule. A friend of mine asked if he could tag along and of course I said, "The more the merrier." I'll probably ride my '95 R1100GS but I just might take my wife's 2003 R1200CLC. See all of you there.

Me and the Ice Princess ( my wife ) will be there. We will be riding the candy gold 78 R 100rs. The bike will be in the vintage show.
We are going to stay at a motel this year. After the rally we will head back to Alpena, Michigan grab the 1100rs and head to Nova Scotia.

Ride Smart & Ride Safe
Pat Carol

Lucy Lu and myself will be there, now If I can just figure out a way to get there from South East PA without using the turnpike. :dunno

Common Theme

Fred while I appreciate your well put words about a common theme, the common theme that I see is BEER GARDEN. The only other rally that I've attended was the 100 year Anniversary of Harley in Milwaukee and the 7,000 in Lima are scaring me more than the 250,000 in MN. I'll be there with bells on traveling cross-country from Defiance, OH and setting up camp. Sue made me chairman of the urinal cakes. Can't wait to rally!! :thumb

Cake King

"Sue made me chairman of the urinal cakes" says Diehly. Sounds like you'll have your hands full. I'll be sure and bring plenty of froathing er frosting. :thumb

Last edited:
Back