• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Paint match on '09 R1200GS Valve Cover

B

benandnick333

I have a scratch on my 2009 R1200GS valve cover. Checking with my dealer who explained BMW doesn't supply a paint designation (color identifier). Does anyone know the best way to match paint?

I have a scratch on my 2009 R1200GS valve cover. Checking with my dealer who explained BMW doesn't supply a paint designation (color identifier). Does anyone know the best way to match paint?
If it's the run of the mill silver your looking for-the old name was Argent. That was on most of the factory wheels on pick-up trucks when they were silver.
Benandnick-I'm going to add some more info to your title so perhaps it can attract a quicker answer. Good luck, Gary

If it is the silver that is the same as the silver trim (Like the bag rack, fuel filler, back rack, body work) on an '09 RT it is Weiss Aluminum Metallic Matte #3

Paint Match on a 2009 R1200GS

Thanks for your feedback. I will pursue!

Powder coated?

I thought so? Aren't they powder coated? This would be a challenge to match and a full paint job on both covers would be easier, or even one side only as they are not seen together, side by side:). Randy

Scratches give character. This IS a GS, right? I was bummed after my first one, but they all have a story. Some not so interesting.

Back