• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2011 Black Diamond Beemers (Rally in the Poconos)

crossfire3006

crossfire3006
Looking forward to yet another great "Rally in the Poconos" put on by the Black Diamond Beemers Club. So, who else will be attending?

Last edited:
This is a fantastic rally. If you have ever seen the movie "On Golden Pond" this place would remind you of that. Great food, great people, great location. We were planning on coming just for fun this year, unfortunately the date coincides with another rally that I have to attend. Have fun!

A group from BMWBMW is signed up ! I have heard a lot of positives about this rally, and looking forward to my first time there!

BD Rally

Roy:

Saw J. Carter @ RAZEE'S. Offered me a spot with you guys. Can I share a cabin with you. Love to reconnect after your hard club work in Bloomsburg.

Thanks again for your club stepping up.

MAD DOG
Nat. beer co-chair:drink

I just received confirmation and I'll be there with my brother and a friend - my brother will be on a Tenere, my friend on a Triumph. This will be my first rally in the Poconos, but I've heard it is great. Looking forward to it.

Paul

Attended a couple years ago. Fantastic campground. Watch the entrance if you've never attended. I blew right by it. They usually have a flag man there but he was getting a water or giving directions or something. Good time was had!

Anyone up for a real adventure?

On Saturday, we need to go on a mission. It will be a real adventure ride as we have no idea what to expect.

Our family cabin sits on a creek on state game lands about 2 hours north of the rally site. Word has it that a few cabins in the area have washed away this week. Our cabin sits on a creek with a bridge just a few hundred yards from the front door. We hear the road is washed out on either side of the bridge and the bridge is leaning precariously due to a cabin that has crashed against it. So far, no one has been able to get back in there but we are hoping to see if we can get close enough on the bikes to assess damage. The nearest town, Towanda, has not faired well and the pictures are devastating.

Any GS riders care to tag along for an adventure?

Back