Thread: 2011 R1200RT CB Radio

dude987

2011 R1200RT CB Radio

Any suggestions on best model and install method to hook up a CB radio on 2011 R1200RT? Ideally a CB that connects to a bluetooth headset (does such a thing exist?). Tried doing some searches on this site and google. Saw J&M CB with appropriate attachment brackets for R1200RT. But no bluetooth hookup.

If you're ready to drop some serious cash, there is a J&M CB Bluetooth Solution. Go to their site http://www.jmcorp.com/ and check out the JMCB-2003E-BW, JBLU-BHDG07-EB03, FGA-345-R12RT, BWCBA-R12RT, HS-EBLU629EDR-UN. In the neighborhood of $2300 if you include a new helmet.

The combination of a Sena SR10 hub and Sena SMH 10 headset should do the trick for a fraction of the J&M setup. You will need a handheld CB compatible to the hub.

I have been using the Sena headset with my 2011 RT with good results since September.

The Hub is due to be released this fall. In addition to working with many two way radios it will tie in additional resources to your BT system such as GPS, radar detector, cell phone ETC.

http://www.senabluetooth.com/product..._menu=overview
    2018 R1200RT W - Continent traveler
    2016 S1000XR - Smile Maker
    1976 R90/6 - Just Plain Fun

TONY2733

Sena

Can the Sena be paired with a GPS, Phone and my RT bluetooth radio?
    The Scala Cardo G4 will only pair with one bluetooth external device.

The book shows many devices but only one can be uased.

In addition to the headset to headset com, the Sena can be paired to a GPS and phone if it is a monorail signal and a stereo signal (A2DP) from your radio. I use the Navigator IV GPS directly wired to the radio so all works well.

I wanted to use the GPS as a phone manager but it would compete with the radio connection (both operate as A2DP). Results were not consistent or reliable. I am not a fan of taking calls while riding and prefer stopping to return the call.

The Sena headset works reliably with the Bluetooth connection to the bike radio system and my cell phone directly connected to the headset. The GPS commands are sent to the radio and are prioritized over the radio media.

If you have a GPS with single channel Bluetooth like the Zumo 550, it will likely work along with your radio system.
    2018 R1200RT W - Continent traveler
    2016 S1000XR - Smile Maker
    1976 R90/6 - Just Plain Fun

The StarCom1 Digital lists the following inputs:
    ►Rider headset
    ►Passenger headset
    ►Rider music input
    ►Passenger music input
    ►Rider phone input
    ►Passenger phone input
    ►Remote control
    ►Satellite Navigation
    ►Bike-to-bike radio

And they list several interface cables for different radios, using PTT or VOX mics.
    Then they have a module to output everything to bluetooth.
    I haven't tried to put together an order, but it looks like you could get the whole shebang for around a grand.

http://www.starcom1.com/index.htm

Tulsa
    ---------------
    1981 R100RT - SOLD-
    currently struggling with the RT vs GS question
    Last edited by Tulsa; 09-17-2011 at 10:45 PM.

I had 4 Starcom systems mounted. Results were mixed. Seems there were often glitches with cables, and there are sure a bunch of them. I'll sell you all four with headsets for way under a $1000. PM if interested.
    Kevin Huddy
    The Outpost, Silver City, Montana

dude987
    Quote Originally Posted by kltk165 View Post
    If you're ready to drop some serious cash, there is a J&M CB Bluetooth Solution. Go to their site http://www.jmcorp.com/ and check out the JMCB-2003E-BW, JBLU-BHDG07-EB03, FGA-345-R12RT, BWCBA-R12RT, HS-EBLU629EDR-UN. In the neighborhood of $2300 if you include a new helmet.
    Anyone know if the J&M CB will link up with the Navigator IV GPS? I already have a bluetooth helmet that is linked to the Navigator IV. If the J&M CB links to the Navigator IV, I should be good with just the CB unit.