• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

'07 RT - good deal?

gdenson

Looking for opinions. I'm considering at a 2007 RT w/44K for $10,000. It's a rental from Eagle Rider. Is this reasonable?

That's a little less than half the new out-the-door price (for a '07).
How does it ride?
How does it run?
General condition?

Are you familiar with this rental group? (service record?)
Like buying a rental car, I would be wary but it's not necessarily a deal breaker.

Good hunting!

Well, I know how I ride a rental bike... There are lots of RTs for sale, keep looking.

The miles are a non issue if the maintenace records are there to go with the bike. Sure, a rental "may" have some tough miles on it, but I would assume most BMW riders are reasonable with any bike they ride.

Unless the bike has been beat up its a reasonable buy. The clutch should easily go for another 60,000 miles before needing replacing, as long as the bike has not been abused.

GD (real name?)

I'm moving this to Hexheads since it's more related to that forum, and lots of people there will be able to give you some idea of value..

Hang on..

Looking for opinions. I'm considering at a 2007 RT w/44K for $10,000. It's a rental from Eagle Rider. Is this reasonable?

I bought my 06 in 11/09 for 10k... so that sounds a bit high to me... particularly for a rental bike...BTW, just 18k miles...

I don't believe this to be a great deal. The problem I would have is the previous use of the bike. I would almost be willing to bet the clutch has been slipped excessively and the bike *ridden like it's stolen*.

Although I think the 07 is the best of the bunch, I'd look elsewhere, or at the least get a warranty that will offer some peace of mind for the next year.

Replacing a clutch is a significant expense.

+1 on what Steve said.

Not at 10K. Maybe 8.5K

The 07 or 08 are an ideal pick right now from used but I think you can do better if patient and look a little more.

Back