• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

AMA Superbike at Mid-Ohio?

wvcajun said:
If you are worried about $$$$ for riding the track, I have a good idea. You probably already know this, but there is a Laps and Lunch charity ride around the track on Thurs. It is only $20 and you get 6 laps. I paid $15 or $25 for 3 laps around Watkins Glen while at the 04 Finger Lakes Rally. I am not complaining at all because it was well worth my money.

MG

Wow, great idea. Thanks! :thumb

I'm originally from Charleston, y'know. Stricker Rd. Still have family in that area, and I intend to visit them after the rally.

On the way back

We may want to meet at the rally and maybe ride back together. I don't know what your plans were, but I am flexible and semi-familiar with southeast OH. Should be fun either way.

MG

wvcajun said:
We may want to meet at the rally and maybe ride back together. I don't know what your plans were, but I am flexible and semi-familiar with southeast OH. Should be fun either way.

MG

That could work. Let's be sure and have a beer or three and discuss it. :drink

Bob

Superbike

Emoto said:
Am I the last to realise that the AMA Nationals are the weekend of July 22-24, 2005 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH? Mapsonus has those two cities at about 100 miles apart by the fastest route. This is a doubleheader weekend, meaning there will be a Superbike race on both Saturday and Sunday.

I am tempted to go see one of them. I haven't seen Superbike in person since they stopped coming to Loudon a few years ago and have never seen a race at Mid Ohio.

Thoughts?

You're not alone. I was thinking about heading to the races saturday. Looks like the trip is a bit over an hour/hour and a half. Maybe we ought to start a small contingent planning to attend saturday's races? Send me a note if you're interested (amaiorano@caci.com). I'm coming to Lima from the Norfolk Va area. Plan to arrive Lima Thursday noonish! AL

Originally Posted by Emoto
Am I the last to realise that the AMA Nationals are the weekend of July 22-24, 2005 at Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course, Lexington, OH? Mapsonus has those two cities at about 100 miles apart by the fastest route. This is a doubleheader weekend, meaning there will be a Superbike race on both Saturday and Sunday.
Am I the first to notice that AMA Vintage Days are the very weekend before the Lima rally? At the very same place as the SuperBike races - Mid Ohio?

For those with a week and a day to spend in Ohio, you can:

1. Do Vintage Days http://www.amadirectlink.com/vmd/2005/home.asp
2. Do Put-In-Bay or Cedar Point or Ohio Amish country or Ohio 555/550/26 or the special presentation of the BMW Vintage Bike exhibit at the AMA Museum
3. Be in Lima in time to volunteer to set up the rally
4. Do the MOA Rally, complete with all events and seminars, Closing Ceremonies, etc.
5. Jet over to Lexington again for the Sunday SuperBike races http://www.midohio.com/events/amasuperbike.asp

Talk about a World Series of Motorcycling!

I have limited bunk space at Shaw Towers during this period. A couple or reservations have already been booked, but there's plenty of floor space/couch space for the durable sleeper.

Jim

Routing, Beemerville to Mid-Ohio

From Fairgrounds main Gate, go east on 309 for 69.4 miles.
Then right on 288 for 4.1 miles.
Then right on County Road 46 for .6 miles.
Then left on Steam Corners-Lexington rd (C.R.37) for 5.6 miles to Mid-Ohio
Gate. Only 1 medium size city to go thru (Marion), and 1 small town (Kenton).
(Note)You have to exit fairgrounds to the south on S.R. 117.(traffic concerns) and go West about .2 miles to road by WalMart, go North .2 miles to S.R.309, then east to main gate(about 1/4 mile) for mileage to work. First gasoline station about 17 miles in Kenton if you don't stop at WalMart.

Constructionin OH10

Biff's R said:
ODOT is turning US 30 into a 4 lane divided highway, and the work will be taking palce on a 26 mile stretch between Lima and Upper Sandusky.

Bif's R- Thanks for the heads up. As usual it's the same thing every summer, ODOT has it's summer supply of the state mineral (asphalt) which will be guarded by the state animal (barricades). :stick

Ol'Salt - Thanks for the directions to the races. :thumb

Keep the rubber side down, CG John

Back