• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Final Attendance?

KevinRT

KevinRT
Two friends and I left on Saturday morning (we'd had enough of the heat) and so did not hear the final head count. I know they were expecting 10000 but I don't think it was anywhere near that. Google and a search here has not been fruitful. Anyone got a final figure?

The final number was 7300+ iirc.

A couple hundred registration forms got hung up in the reg tent and didn't get counted until well after the closing ceremony's warmup hour (really bad pun) started.

ian

The final number was 7300+ iirc.

A couple hundred registration forms got hung up in the reg tent and didn't get counted until well after the closing ceremony's warmup hour (really bad pun) started.

ian

Just a curiousity question: I know 10,000 was 'shot out of the sky' before the Rally even started, courtesy of Mother Nature.

But I'm impressed that over 7,300 were in attendance. Didn't seem that large as I wandered about.

Does that figure reflect 'boots on the grounds,' or does it include pre-registered no-shows as well? :dunno

I thought there was less attendees based on tents but once off grounds there were alot of campers along the tree line outside of the rally grounds. Some were further away than the re-enactments. I think the water holes had a bigger draw than some vendors. :scratch

I thought there was less attendees based on tents but once off grounds there were alot of campers along the tree line outside of the rally grounds. Some were further away than the re-enactments. I think the water holes had a bigger draw than some vendors. :scratch

There were a bunch of us in the Dorms. We rode the shuttle buses and didn't ride our bikes at the rally. That would make the crowd seem smaller than it really was.

I heard that the college dorm complex was full and there were people wait listed. Quite a few stayed at the university. And I can attest that the rooms were cool inside. :)

I heard that the college dorm complex was full and there were people wait listed. Quite a few stayed at the university. And I can attest that the rooms were cool inside. :)

They were great. When I got really hot and uncomfortable at the rally, I would ride the shuttle over and take a nice cool nap before I went back. I think a lot of people did the same thing or they went to a downtown restaurant to eat and cool off.

They were great. When I got really hot and uncomfortable at the rally, I would ride the shuttle over and take a nice cool nap before I went back. I think a lot of people did the same thing or they went to a downtown restaurant to eat and cool off.

Ditto. The dorms were a great option for a number of reasons.

We stayed at the dorms and that was a real great set up! I am just glad I booked my spot back in March. It was cheap and cool!

I just wonder how neat it would be if you could bed down at a college campus while on a road trip? It would be cheaper than a motel and in the summer it is not crowded and most colleges are in nice towns and have amenities and a friendly staff. As a women traveling alone I think it would offer some safety not found off the interstates.

Has anyone from the MOA ever tried to stay at a college while traveling that wasn't part of an event?

Now that Canada is a separate country, how many of us showed up?

It was on a slide which wasn't shown in the interest of shortening the closing ceremony. Please note that these are only the people who identified their country. Large numbers of registration forms had name only, so the data is what was reported only.

14 Countries represented

US: 5809
Canada: 629 :ca
Mexico: 8
Australia: 3
Belgium: 3
UK: 2
China: 1
Germany: 1
India: 1
Israel: 1
Norway: 1
Pakistan: 1
S. Korea: 1
Sweden: 1

We stayed at the dorms and that was a real great set up! I am just glad I booked my spot back in March. It was cheap and cool!

I just wonder how neat it would be if you could bed down at a college campus while on a road trip? It would be cheaper than a motel and in the summer it is not crowded and most colleges are in nice towns and have amenities and a friendly staff. As a women traveling alone I think it would offer some safety not found off the interstates.

Has anyone from the MOA ever tried to stay at a college while traveling that wasn't part of an event?

I have had no luck finding college or university accommodation in the US but I frequently use Canadian colleges and universities residence rooms when travelling in Canada. Check out http://www.connectoncampus.ca/what-we-offer/travelers-tourists

Costs seem to vary between $30 - $40, the latter including a cafeteria meal.

Back