• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

club attendance awards?

tmoyer

Intermediate Adventurer
Were the awards announced for highest percentage of club attendance? I know our club was well represented and we want to know where we were in the running.

Many of the awards were not recognized during Closing Ceremonies. The awards will be mailed to the winners and the Oct Owners News should report all awards and winners.

I missed that and probably don't need to know.

For our small club, we were excited to be well represented for the first time.

IMHO it would have been more appropriate to recognize those clubs that had the most volunteers involved..

Not a bad idea if the volunteers were recognized as a percentage of members. For the smaller clubs like ours, I believe we had 100% percent of our attendees volunteer.

Not a bad idea if the volunteers were recognized as a percentage of members. For the smaller clubs like ours, I believe we had 100% percent of our attendees volunteer.

As did the club from RI, while working the beer garden. If all the small clubs have 100%, whats the point. I guess I will never understand this award thing for club attendence. :dunno

Great idea

I agree that recognizing the club with the most volunteers working is a great idea and I will recommend it to next year's chair. I did notice that the Yankee Beemers didn't sign up for the awards, probably because they were too busy keeping the facilities clean!

Largest Virtual or Special Interest Club
1. #274 Chromeheads 76
2. #329 Veteran BMW Riders 39
3. #264 BMW Road Animals Touring Society 34
4. #650 The Chain Gang 26
Largest Local Club
1. #115 BMW Motorcycle Owners of Vermont 92
2. #42 BMW Owners of Northeast Florida 51
3. #17 Indian apolis BMW Club 44
4. #3 Chicago Region BMW Owners Association 43
5. #131 Poverty Riders International 42
6. #56 BMW Dutch County Riders 31
7. #145 BMW Motorcycle Club of Ottawa 30
8. #333 Knights of the Roundel 29
9. #280 Mid Atlantic Riders 24
10. #22 Gateway Riders 21
Largest Percentage of Members in Attendance
1. #333 Knights of the Roundel 63%
2. #154 Hoosier Beemers 61%
3. #56 BMW Dutch County Riders 46%
4. #280 Mid Atlantic Riders 43%
5. #145 BMW Motorcycle Club of Ottawa 40%

The location of the sign up sheets was announced in the ON before the rally and was also in the program.

Holly,
I'm curious....what is the defination of a local club at the rally? Is it measured by distance from the rally site? I would think it would make sense to award the largest charter club instead.

Just wondering....

Tracy

I have to ask...

Why did the process change from taking the information off the actual registration slips and why does the MOA request a copy of the club's membership roster?

I'm pretty sure that if we returned to counting the information provided by the individual on their rally registration the results would be quite different.

I noted there were volunteers processing *each* registration slip for other information so it would be pretty simple to go back to time honored method of checking actual registrations vs a system that is so easily rigged.

If you wanted to take the load off the volunteers you could require that the club rep provides copies of each member's registration showing their club number.

Holly,
I'm curious....what is the defination of a local club at the rally? Is it measured by distance from the rally site? I would think it would make sense to award the largest charter club instead.

Just wondering....

Tracy

Local club is a non-virtual charter club as opposed to the virtual clubs. Didn't make any sense to me either until I checked the awards from previous years.

I have to ask...

Why did the process change from taking the information off the actual registration slips and why does the MOA request a copy of the club's membership roster?

I'm pretty sure that if we returned to counting the information provided by the individual on their rally registration the results would be quite different.

I noted there were volunteers processing *each* registration slip for other information so it would be pretty simple to go back to time honored method of checking actual registrations vs a system that is so easily rigged.

If you wanted to take the load off the volunteers you could require that the club rep provides copies of each member's registration showing their club number.

It changed a few years ago and my guess would be that it was because the data wasn't available on the registrations. Very few registrations listed the club. Amazing numbers didn't list anything but a name, no address, bike or anything else let alone a club!

Rigged?

If someone went through all that trouble for this kind of acknowledgment...
Hell... Just give it to 'em...

I do agree on the percentage of club as a qualifier...
Unless of course the club has 5 members and all 5 volunteer. :scratch

(Is there a minimum membership requirement for a club?)

I have to ask...

I'm pretty sure that if we returned to counting the information provided by the individual on their rally registration the results would be quite different....

Good question!

Back