• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

2007 650 gs no start

ISAMEMON

Grammarian no, Rider yes
bike has sat for several months,
new battery, nothing happens. clock ticks, odometer does not read out either

bike has sat for several months,
new battery, nothing happens. clock ticks, odometer does not read out either

Try bringing the battery to an auto parts store to see if they can run a test on it. The large regional auto parts chains will usually do the test for free.

I had a 9 month old battery which was identical to the OEM battery fail. No dash lights. I took the battery to an Interstate Battery dealer and they performed load test and pronounced the battery Ok. Out of an abundance of caution, I bought a new battery anyway. When I put the new battery in, the bike was back to normal.

The lesson is, I am not sure I would rely entirely on a load test. In my case it was not accurate. The only load test that counts is when you apply the bike load.

I took the battery to an Interstate Battery dealer and they performed load test and pronounced the battery Ok. Out of an abundance of caution, I bought a new battery anyway. When I put the new battery in, the bike was back to normal.

My experience also. I think load testing must be a black art that not everyone can do correctly. I'd try a new battery, even if you have to borrow one.

Back