Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Embarrassing closing ceremony

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Whoop di doo!

Why on God's green earth are we discussing the 2011 closing ceremonies in 2016.
    Because someone dropped a pebble into a calm backwater pool in the MOA forum and someone else responded to the ripple. Not sure why there should be any stress over that, as good organizations learn much from reviewing not only what has worked for them in the past, but also what hasn't worked. And, one could make a strong case for the latter being more valuable than the former... MOA closing ceremonies have gotten much more concise, focused, and enjoyable in the last decade. Certainly technology has helped with that, but it's also a reflection of review and post-mortem analysis.

At any rate, this thread started as a complaint about heat and attendee accommodations at the closing ceremony for a rally noted for it's extreme temps. Next year will be SLC in July, which makes important the consideration of such things... so imho a thread bump is not a bad or useless thing. YOMV.
    Best,

DG
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

Quote Originally Posted by GTRider View Post
    Because someone dropped a pebble into a calm backwater pool in the MOA forum and someone else responded to the ripple. Not sure why there should be any stress over that, as good organizations learn much from reviewing not only what has worked for them in the past, but also what hasn't worked. And, one could make a strong case for the latter being more valuable than the former... MOA closing ceremonies have gotten much more concise, focused, and enjoyable in the last decade. Certainly technology has helped with that, but it's also a reflection of review and post-mortem analysis.

At any rate, this thread started as a complaint about heat and attendee accommodations at the closing ceremony for a rally noted for it's extreme temps. Next year will be SLC in July, which makes important the consideration of such things... so imho a thread bump is not a bad or useless thing. YOMV.
    Best,

DG

I was on the Board of Directors for a number of years. As a long time member, I was also at the Missoula rally, and say the event mentioned. I was club President during and after the Bloomsburg rally and following a lot of member concerns about the closing ceremonies there, I convened a special Rally Review Committee. One of the results of that was a commitment to keep the closing ceremonies to approximately on hour, and make them more uptempo and interesting. From my observations, we've done a good job of that. I'm serving as Rally Chair for the Salt Lake rally in 2017, and can assure everyone that we'll have a both a great rally, and a closing ceremonies that won't embarrass anyone.
    Greg Feeler
    2017 Rally Chair & Ambassador
    1972 R75/5, 1990 K75, 1990 K1, 1992 K75S, 2003 K1200RS

Quote Originally Posted by GREGFEELER View Post
    I'm serving as Rally Chair for the Salt Lake rally in 2017, and can assure everyone that we'll have a both a great rally, and a closing ceremonies that won't embarrass anyone.
    Now how much fun can that possibly be.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://web.bigbend.net/~glaves/

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Now how much fun can that possibly be.
    Ha! You just wait!
    Greg Feeler

Charleston National when the PA was going to only 1/2 of the auditorium and they were giving away valuable prizes. When the 1/2 who couldn't hear began shouting and objecting, the MC got all "STFU" on them. That was nice.
    Ron R

Quote Originally Posted by beemerron View Post
    Charleston National when the PA was going to only 1/2 of the auditorium and they were giving away valuable prizes. When the 1/2 who couldn't hear began shouting and objecting, the MC got all "STFU" on them. That was nice.
    Wow - long memory - but I was there too. That was one guy who lost his cool. I've never seen anything like it before or after, so I think completely forgettable.
    Greg Feeler