Thread: Good Gear Ideas

Good Gear Ideas

I thought a thread on good gear ideas, such as appear in the MOA magazine could be useful.

A couple of friends have commented on something I've been doing for a while. Go to the dollar store and get the small pouches they sell as pencil cases. They're great for organizing small items and far cheaper than the purpose-made items sold in the accessory catalogues. They're handy in a tank bag, saddlebag, or even a cargo pocket.

A couple I keep on hand all the time:

The smaller ones make a great face shield cleaning kit. Add a dollar store microfibre cloth and your favourite cleaning solution and you're good to go. I also keep a cable gun lock handy, it makes a great helmet lock.

The larger sizes are just right to make a durable map case. Good protection and with this one, the neoprene construction is water resistant.

Any home-brewed gear ideas you'd like to share?
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

2. 07-27-2011, 06:00 PM

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat Omega Man's Avatar
    Dave. Something simple-not my idea but I like it. From you morning cereal box-the inner bag is some sort of a waxy plastic kind of material. It will hold things like a spare drive chain or other messy parts real well. I don't know what it's made of but it really lasts and you can see what's in the bag. Gary
    "You can do good or you can do well. Sooner or later they make you choose." MI5
    Mod Squad
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200