• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Tent spaces

We used to feel that way.

But after countless rallies and the fun and friends we've met over the years, we've found we really hate to leave at the end of the day, and love the excitement and energy of rallies.

Just a different type of camping, but we wouldn't miss it!

Voni
sMiling

Well I am not going to make it this year to the rally :( Bike is down and being repaired after a slight accident ! Will not have it back in time for the rally !! CRAP !! So I guess I won't have to worry about tent space this year

Uh...

We offer a "Drive & Rally Package"..... same ticket, bigger cooler!

Two BMWs

Well I am not going to make it this year to the rally :( Bike is down and being repaired after a slight accident ! Will not have it back in time for the rally !! CRAP !! So I guess I won't have to worry about tent space this year

And my wife wonders why I need two bikes.:dance

Yes

Were you at the Bloomsburg rally camped by the tree near the stage ?

Yes, that was me. I ended up spending time with the young woman who was doing the photo shoot of the rally. She had the "tree house" next to my tree. Very interesting project she was doing.

That was a great group of guys to spend the week with. Were you one of them?

Yes, that was me. I ended up spending time with the young woman who was doing the photo shoot of the rally. She had the "tree house" next to my tree. Very interesting project she was doing.

That was a great group of guys to spend the week with. Were you one of them?

Yes I was !! I had the K1200RS checker board bike :dance

In my experience this is much ado about nothing.

Only once was I asked not to camp next to someone. I moved ten feet away to permit her friend's tent space next to hers. The friend never showed up and this was in Gillette...There was space enough for ten times the tents that were there.

Can I pay at the gate?

Due to personal circumstances, I am not sure if I will make it to the rally. Can I just show up at the gate and buy a ticket?
Marty

I'm sorry I didn't see this thread earlier or I could have offered the option of space in the Chartered Club Group Camping area. It had been the policy in the past that campers were not allowed to reserve space for friends though that seemed not to be enforced from what I could see. That began to change last year when space was set aside where clubs could reserve a spot and perhaps hire a canopy. It's not the same as arriving and staking our own claim where ever you like, but it does guarantee some space for the club.

I'm involved with that this year and we have 20 clubs signed up. We have adequate space so that everyone should get enough space to meet all of their needs. In addition, a number of clubs are either bringing their own equipment or hiring a canopy. This is not only a benefit to the campers, but it provides a place for hotellers to hook up with other club members and have a place of their own on the rally grounds. The Chicago Region has been hiring a canopy, tables and chairs since we tried it at the West Bend Rally and we feel it is well worth the cost.

I don't have a deadline for requesting a club space, but it is probably too late to hire a canopy. As long as we have space remaining, I will do what I can to accommodate any clubs who might still be interested in their own place in Sedalia. You can contact me via information on the committee chair page at http://www.bmwmoa.org/rally12/get_involved/rally_committee_chairs_list.

best regards,
hank

This is my first rally also and camping with my wife. Knowing no one and doing this all for the first time along with heat and stress of bring my wife will make it all a tense experience. Dealing with people stressing over spots is not on my agenda! I have hiked and rode hours and hours over mountains some time to find a camping spot away from anything. Why would I ride ten hours (being almost local) to cram my tent in where I can hear people ten spots over snore, fart and breath it all in.:D OUt in middle of no where is the way I have always rode so I figure that's the way I will be camping also.
Hi David,
I too enjoy back country camping (including places like Glacier, the AT and Boundary Waters) and can assure you you will not find that experience on the rally grounds. However I would not stress out too much by what you do find. I cannot imagine a friendlier group and you may find that you enjoy the camaraderie.

Noise from your neighbors can be an issue. I do recall one night when I was trying to sleep and found the level of chit-chat and laughing from my neighbors to be a bit intrusive. Then I realized how much enjoyment these people were getting out of sharing stories and jokes and the company of friends, old and new and found myself unable to remain annoyed. Nevertheless, a pair of comfortable ear plugs can make all the difference if you require quiet to sleep well.

best,
hank

I never had a problem camping, and have always come alone and just camped wherever I found a spot. No problemo. You get to meet folks that way. Last year at Bloomsburg, a buddy drove in his car down from Michigan. Since he couldn't get into the grounds, we both camped in the open fields outside the gates. That was great. It was nice and quiet, and plenty of room for him to set up his canopy. A big plus factor was that there was a nice cool breeze at night.

I hosey the big tree near the beer garden for my tent..............
.............ahh never mind, the ground will be very damp near any tree :drink

Being considerate

All the talk about reserving spaces made me remember one of my pet peeves.

Setting up tents with no regard for those who were set up earlier being able to get in or out with their machines. Being land locked is no fun.

All the talk about reserving spaces made me remember one of my pet peeves.

Setting up tents with no regard for those who were set up earlier being able to get in or out with their machines. Being land locked is no fun.

One of my pet peeves is the guy who absolutely positively has to put his motorcycle next to his tent yet he set up his tent in the middle of the field.

I like having my bike at my tent so I put my tent up next to the road. Works every time.

One of my pet peeves is the guy who absolutely positively has to put his motorcycle next to his tent yet he set up his tent in the middle of the field.

I like having my bike at my tent so I put my tent up next to the road. Works every time.

I like that idea...

Back