• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Square 17" tire needed

Sanders

Single Malt Imbiber
I put an 'El Cheapo Shinko on the front of the bike so I don't feel to bad about the wear factor on it, but my searched for a 110/70 17" Square profile tire have led to naught, and double naught.
I've been pointed to lots of places and I'm not a dope (well at least in this case) when it comes to internet searches, but I'm not having any luck.
If you can help a fellow Hackmeister out I'd appreciate it :thumb

Sorry, I can't answer your search query -- just a comment...

I put an 'El Cheapo Shinko on the front of the bike

Gotta say I'd call them inexpensive because there's nothing cheap about them. I've got a set of dual sport Shinkos on one bike now and I doubt I'll ever buy anything else again.

Shinko History (from their website):

In the United States Shinko Tires are imported by Western Power Sports, Inc. (WPS), with corporate headquarters in Boise, Idaho. With a strong foothold on the power sports market, and with warehouses located in Boise, Idaho; Fresno, California; and Memphis, Tennessee, Shinko Tires USA-in conjunction with WPS-is proud to bring you the Shinko line of Sportbike, Cruiser, Scooter, Off road, and Dual sport tires.

On going testing in the USA and R & D at Shinko Tire's factory means a continuous path of exciting tires to meet the need of today's riders. Shinko Tires and WPS are here to serve your needs.

Established in 1946, the Shinko Group began as a manufacturer of bicycle tires and tubes in Osaka, Japan that today has become a burgeoning manufacture of rubber products.

In 1998 the Shinko Group purchased the motorcycle tire technology and molds from Yokohama Rubber Co., and began production of these products under the Shinko Tire brand. With manufacturing based in South Korea and design based in Japan, the company has seamlessly combined Japanese engineering and design principles with South Korean production and quality control standards. Today Shinko Tires produces approximately 200,000 motorcycle tires per month.

Ok so I've been schooled on the Shinko's. I don't want to buy another EL Cheapo, so has anyone out there got a line on a 17" sq. front tire for a R1100R ?

No help...just a suggestion.
Try contacting Dauntless sidecars or another builder you might get an answer.
Did you contact Coker tire...they are quite helpful.

regards...happy hunting

Back