• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Audio system and ear buds

Has anyone tried wiring a 3.5mm headphone jack into their BMW audio system? I have a pair of molded earplug/earbuds that work and sound great with my Zumo. I would like to be able to plug them into the BMW audio system instead of trying to listen through the dashboard speakers. They are fine at 30 mph but at highway speeds are difficult if not impossible to listen to. Any suggestions? Ideas?

Has anyone tried wiring a 3.5mm headphone jack into their BMW audio system? I have a pair of molded earplug/earbuds that work and sound great with my Zumo. I would like to be able to plug them into the BMW audio system instead of trying to listen through the dashboard speakers. They are fine at 30 mph but at highway speeds are difficult if not impossible to listen to. Any suggestions? Ideas?

IN MANY STATES IT IS ILLEGAL TO RIDE OR DRIVE WITH EARBUDS IN. CHECK OUT YOUR STATES LAWS.

You could get away with it easily unless you were involved in an accident , saeems like a big liability question mark!

IN MANY STATES IT IS ILLEGAL TO RIDE OR DRIVE WITH EARBUDS IN. CHECK OUT YOUR STATES LAWS.

I can't tell you how many times I've stood on the side of the road, taken the helmet off, and then pulled the earbuds out in front of a cop. They always had something else on their minds. Didn't matter which state I was in. :banghead

FWIW, the AMA state laws page says that helmet speakers are illegal to possess in Massachusetts. I've looked in the general laws, as has a friend of mine who's a cop here -- we can't find a reference.

Back