• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

1st ride of spring

H

HODAG

Took "Big Blue" for a shake down ride around the block after mounting the new tires from yesterday. had to check a rubbing issue that turned out to be much ado about nothing.
A Balmy 22 degrees (near zero with wind chill) road was a little icy in avoidable spots.

Some would point out I should have put the front calipers back on first (don't worry they were strapped up tight out of the way), and seat, and side covers. (and maybe grabbed a jacket,helmet, and gloves)

Grinning ear to ear...... :twirl

in rounder tallying that was like a 200 miles ride in 70 degree weather (actually 1st ride of winter, but who's counting)

:thumb

So it's Spring now, is it??? :brow

Isn't it scary when 22 feels balmy?

Just got in from checking the orange blossoms and having a hard time understanding this 22 degrees thing.

If the front calipers were off for a test drive it really wouldn't matter would it? How would you pull on the brake lever if your fingers were frozen? :dunno

hurricane said:
Just got in from checking the orange blossoms and having a hard time understanding this 22 degrees thing.

If the front calipers were off for a test drive it really wouldn't matter would it? How would you pull on the brake lever if your fingers were frozen? :dunno

Brakes dont help on ice anyway.

good for you mark! round on, my man.
got a few miles in today myself, of course it was a lot warmer on this side of the lake....high of 27. but the forcast is looking good for the week......not much snow and highs in the mid-30's. whoo-hooo, spring is sprung. (must be, just got my new license tabs in the mail.)

BTW - one secret to riding in the cold is to totally ignore "wind chill". what does it matter when you are creating a 50-60 mph + wind chill by going down the road. (course it is a little different for some people. i read about something called a fairing....guess it blocks the wind or something. hmmm, might look into that. think they will catch on??)

Back