• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Yuengling Brewery Tour Ride

z3guy

Has there been any discussion on a group ride to take a tour of the original Yuengling Brewery in Pottsville as it's only about 30 miles from the fair grounds.

I hadn't realized it was so close. I was planning on a run to Lancaster, which has a another smaller beer maker, the Lancaster Brewing Company, but Yuengling would be fun too.

Here is a nice loop to and from Pottsville.

<iframe src="http://ridewithgps.com/routes/545571/embed" height="500px" width="100%" frameborder="0"></iframe>

It is a fun tour and I suggest capping it off with a meal at the diner down the hill from the factory.

It is a fun tour and I suggest capping it off with a meal at the diner down the hill from the factory.

I agree withthe tour part but our experience at the diner about a year ago wasn't great. Food was ok but nothing special. Service was less than desireable.

I suggest riding a little further down the road to the Port Clinton Hotel. Oh, and order the Gravy Fries! :eat You can also stop in and say Hi to the gang at Hermy's which is a few doors down.

I agree with the tour part but our experience at the diner about a year ago wasn't great. Food was ok but nothing special. Service was less than desireable.

I suggest riding a little further down the road to the Port Clinton Hotel. Oh, and order the Gravy Fries! :eat You can also stop in and say Hi to the gang at Hermy's which is a few doors down.

Order a small because a small is a typical large at other places. Don't forget the sweet shop next door and of course Hermys BMW ought to be busy.

Train buffs could eat at the Tamaqua Train Station ..... in the town of Tamaqua. In Port Clinton travel behind Hermys and see the train station next to the community park area ( this was once a canal boat harbor ).

Another nice town is Jim Thorpe but you could spend all day there.

I checked the brewery site, tours on Thursday and Friday are at 10am and 1:30pm, they do have tours on Saturday but because of the crowds they start at 11am and run non stop until 1pm. I think going on Saturday would be bad idea not only because of the crowds but the parking is horrible; this place sits on the side of a steep hill and parking is limited. The tours is interesting plus you get two free glasses of your choice of brew at the conclusion. :)

Hospitality will have a ride sheet that takes you to the Brewery in Pottsville, a well as to/past Hermy's and Cabelas - ending back in Bloom via a loop....

Besides the paper copy, it will also be available for downloading to a GPS (in either .gdb or .gpx format).

BEWARE - parking at the Brewery is limited (all I found was street side). AND, it is ALL hills and many 1 way streets. Be prepared...

For those with a taste for barbecue (or those riding the Smoke Chasers Tour. Check out It's Just Barbecue, not far north of Hermy's on Rt 61 (Deer Lake, PA). Their brisket is divine!

P

Back