• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

BMW e-scooter

Look at that paint.
That's so called camouflage paint. Not that the vehicle won't stand out, but it makes it difficult to see the exact shape (curves etc). They always drive around in test models of new cars.

Scooters are very popular here in Europe. In cities like Paris, Milan and London where traffic is monstrous and parking space is at a premium, people love scooters.
In a strange way these scooters don't really take off in Holland. We do have scooters, but that are 'moped scooters'. The motorcycle scooters are fare less popular than in other countries.

Scooters are very popular here in Europe.

Just try and buy a Vespa here in the States, especially old(er) ones.

Pure gold...

My neighbor just picked up a used Yamaha Majesty... it's all he rides now. He and his wife rode the wheels off of their V-Star 1300, but I suspect it will be replaced by a second Majesty by the end of summer.

Personally, I'll stick with my trusty old /5, but at 45-50 mpg it's hard to overlook these machines.

a little easier to see what going on in these views. Sure doesn't look like stopping is going to be an issue.

bmw-electric-motorcycle-scooter-e-scooter-6.jpg
bmw-electric-motorcycle-scooter-e-scooter-7.jpg

Just try and buy a Vespa here in the States, especially old(er) ones.

Pure gold...
I think they're relatively expensive here too (the older ones). But I guess it's not like you can import them easily in the US because of the EPA stuff...

Otherwise I'd make a trip to Italy this weekend with a semi truck and then over to the port of Antwerp. I'd be rich by next month ;)

I don't mind the fact that BMW is doing a scooter, but it sure would be nice to see them being more distinctive with their approach to its styling.

Looks like any bland Chinese made scoot from those profile images.

Interesting that it has a motorcycle style telescopic fork front end. Pressed sheet metal with leading links is more typical.

... think so?

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QCjrQFNMqa8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

was ist das? = what is that?

den Krieg ich [ist ?] noch = the battle (war) is on!

... oder doch nicht! = or not!

weg is a !! = [he's] gone !!!

guessing it wasn't a "stock" Vespa...

Last edited:
Interesting that it has a motorcycle style telescopic fork front end. Pressed sheet metal with leading links is more typical.
For old-style scooters, but the modern scooters are all like this:
TMAX09.jpg

As you can see, the styling of the BMW isn't really something original...

@Lmo1131: I met a guy on a scooter in the Austrian Alps and he was quicker than me. Not that I was trying hard to overtake him, but he clearly had local knowledge about the corners, so he could commit. It doesn't take a faster bike to outrun someone, just a capable driver. I've seen video's of a guy on a GS outrunning a superbike on the Isle of Man. If you know the road, it's a lot easier.

I agree completely Scottie. The most telling part of the whole video, to me anyway, is the constant stream of giggling coming from the passenger on the back filming it.

I don't think she thought it was too much of a race. .. .

Back