• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Ride Reports forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brave people

I rode Saturday Ice both feet as stabilizers ....

I don't live far from you, as soon as I get a few hands to help stabalize, I will try to brave the ice in front of the shop. Nice bike! Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow in post falls? Or to dinner in spokane?

not fair

All of you are making me ashamed that I live in Texas,I went for a 340 mile ride Sat. It was in the low thirty s when I departed,but quickly warmed up mid 60;s to the low 70;s for most of the day. I guess I will shunned for now on.

I would still be riding if i could get my bike out! I will be in Texas in march, maybe I will stop by to give you a swift kick in the rear for making me jealous... just kidding, :D Have fun riding, I will start catching up in spring. :nyah

I don't live far from you, as soon as I get a few hands to help stabalize, I will try to brave the ice in front of the shop. Nice bike! Are you coming to the meeting tomorrow in post falls? Or to dinner in spokane?

Staciebug nice meeting great to see you there, what did you think about the tire plug class at the meeting:clap missed you at dinner it was great....matthew

fun times

Staciebug nice meeting great to see you there, what did you think about the tire plug class at the meeting:clap missed you at dinner it was great....matthew

I had a great time at the meeting, I went to dinner with Chris, Jackie and some others. I am glad I know how to plug a tire now. I almost got my bike out but it died in the mud, haven't been able to move it out all the way. I was just in a car accident today, I don't know if I will be able to ride. A drunk man fell into the street, thought he was dead, not very fun to see but I didn't hit him.

are you ok, what happened and if you cant ride it sounds serious....matthew,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited:
car wreck

A homeless man fell into the road on division under the railroad bridge, I had to hit the brakes to avoid him, and got rear ended. He looked dead at first, but turned out to be okay. My neck hurts but my shoulders are getting better already. The gal who hit me had no insurance.... there goes my tax return.

thank you

I have a little truck to use, and I pulled my beemer out of storage so I have transportation. It is quite cold on my motorcycle, I will have to wait til it's in the 40's to ride.

Hi everyone,
I've been a member for a couple of years, but am still new to posting here. Staciebug, that must have been really nerve wracking! Glad you're OK.

I live in VT and I decided to take my RT in yesterday (2/27) for the annual service (still under warranty) while the roads and my driveway were ice free. The temp was around 42F, had gotten to 50F earlier, it was now dark, raining and the crosswind was blowing an honest 50mph! Not as hairy as what most of you have done, but for a returning newbie it was wild!

That was the first of many rides of the year.
Cheers!
Rich
Ride Safe

Has anyone ridden the bourbon tour in KY? With the planning that has been done so far we will be going through towns like Harrodsburg, Perryville, Lebanon, Bardstown, Clements, Lawrenceburg, Frankfort, etc. using back roads as we make our way to the various bourbon distillers. I know we will be doing some riding on Hwy 127 & 68 as IÔÇÖve been told those were great historical roads to travel. IÔÇÖm looking for any information of places we shouldnÔÇÖt miss, any suggested routes; great out of the way places to eat, etc. Also what kind of weather should we expect in mid May? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!

I have not ridden the tour on my bike but have visited many of the sites, be sure to include Makers Mark, Buffalo Trace & Woodford Reserve (Brown Foreman)

Across US route 20

Hello Everyone

Anyone any idea if there are any ride reports on here or the web on going across US Route 20 from east to west

I have found small bits of info but nothing going all the way

Thanks
Martin Buck

Blue Ridge 1150GS Ride Video

I put up a new YouTube Video of my son and me on a 1150GS and KLR 650 ride through the mountains of North Georgia, Western North Carolina, and East Tennessee. For those going to the National Rally in Johnson City, take a look at the dirt roads and twistie pavement of this area. The Dragon, Smoky Mountains, Max Patch, and the Blue Ridge Parkway are all represented.

Go here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rsxnu0S6sTs&feature=channel_page

Enjoy the video. We had a great time making it.

Close calls

:blahI rode about 1400 miles this week. Started with a day ride around Cour'd'elene Lake in northern ID. Wonderful, long curvy roads full of sweeping corners and u turns... but... I was already shaken from the night before. I was coming home on the freeway, there was some confusion in a construcion zone and the person ahead of me slammed on the brakes and swerved. My front rotars are bad, and I unfortunately went for the back break first. I locked it up and slid sideways past the car, then fish-tailed to a stop. Then, when we were going around a u-turn the next day at CDA lake, a car was completely in my lane, head on, coming around the corner, I cut to the inside, and was lucky I was NOT in a car, or I would not have fit. About 60 miles down the road, we approached a sweeping, blind corner, I slowed to about 42mph and thought I saw a dog out of the corner of my eye. It was a deer. She ran to the front left of me then tried to jump, she cleared the windshield only to have her hip and legs nail the left side of my upper body and head. Miraculously, I had leaned into her, and when she almost peeled me from the handle bars, I think I gave my bike more gas. The deer flipped off into a ditch and ran, I pulled over safely down the road. My fingers were swollen before I got my glove off, my whole left arm was on fire and my neck and shoulder hurt, but I know how lucky I am. We picked up the broken pieces of my old K-bike and continued on. The next morning, though I was a little sore, we took off for Klammath falls OR. The weather was fair and the ride went fine. The only wild life I hit was a bird and it was not as lucky as the deer. I will try to post some pics. We took I-90, then down towards Pendleton to Hwy 84, then hit Hwy 97 alll the way down. One the way home we stayed on 97 all the way to I-90. Beautiful views from above the river, and some nice curvy hwys.

Attachments

• oregon moto trip 09 056.jpg
    oregon moto trip 09 056.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
pics

at our first stop for the trip, notice the missing mirror and turn signal assembly, stupid deer!

Attachments

• me and BB.jpg
    me and BB.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
maryhill museaum overlook

hello!

Attachments

• mary hill.jpg
    mary hill.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 166
more pics

oregon trip

Attachments

• side of the road.jpg
    side of the road.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 164
Buy a lottery ticket

You were very lucky in the incidents you described. Hopefully you future rides won't be so eventful. Many more experienced riders have had worse outcomes in similar situations. you don't sound discouraged so keep riding, in my experience it is unusual to have so many close call is such a short period of time. But then I like to hang on the back-roads.

I am lucky

You were very lucky in the incidents you described. Hopefully you future rides won't be so eventful. Many more experienced riders have had worse outcomes in similar situations. you don't sound discouraged so keep riding, in my experience it is unusual to have so many close call is such a short period of time. But then I like to hang on the back-roads.

Several family members who have ridden a long time are very worried about me, even though the only incident that was my fault was the first, the rest were flukes. If it weren't for the safety course, and some books I have read on riding, I might not be here. I still ride my bike 5 days a week or more. My car sits around in summer. Hopefully I have had enough close calls for this year. I know poeple who have had one close call and haven't ridden since. Good thing I am young and stubborn. :brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back