• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aha! New Glarus

hlothery

So.......I'm a Southern boy, definitely. I've been North of the Mason Dixon line only five or six times. I have often wondered, as I read the threads on this forum, what New Glarus was, and why some of you ride there. I have never been there, still. However, I did spend last weekend in Kohler, playing golf at Whistling Straits and BlackWolf Run. Fantastic place.....my first trip to Wisconsin, and I definitely will be back. One reason is for the golf, and the friendly folks. Another reason, and a very pleasant surprise during the visit, is Spotted Cow! What a fantastic beer! I came home and researched it, and found it is made in New Glarus, and (very disappointedly) sold in Wisonsin.:cry So, guess I'll have to come back soon.

BTW, don't try any of that cow tipping stuff on me.....I'm way too smart for that!:whistle

I had the pleasure of visiting the brewery last week while riding home from the RA Rally in Chippewa Falls. It was a FUN place, and I was able to sample six different beers, then fill the sidecar with assorted six packs to bring home. If I had crashed on the way home I would have gone out in a blaze of suds!

Spotted Cow was my fave, and Uff-Da was a close second. Their Belgian Red (cherry-based) was too sweet for me but made my wife very happy. And a happy wife makes everything go better!

Spotted Cow is good beer!

My wife and I prefer the Fat Squirrel, though....:drink

Love the cow. Each year at fishing camp, one of the guys, who lives in Wisc., drives a keg of it down.

I like beer.

sunday we are planning a small airhead ride to new glarus and then to monroe for a cheese sandwich, anyone intrested we should be at the brewery at abut 10am

Back