• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1200GSA Aux lighting and tank bag

skipcole

Looking for advice/recommendations on adding long dist lights and tank bag for LD riding. Planning my first SS1000 ride in a couple of weeks. As a newbie LD rider any tips are welcome.

Skip

Tank bags

I have used Wolfman for my 02 GS then and now for my 08 GSA. Great price and expandable with plenty of side pockets. Lights, I am running the BMW lights that came with the package option. If you hook up aftermarket lights put in a fuze box. Sooner or later you will hook up more stuff and it is worth it having a box already for communication, radio, heated cloths etc. The plastic tray under the seat for tools work well for wiring. My tools go in the saddlebags. Good luck.

I like my Baja Design HID lamps. One is wide beam (r/s) and the other is pencil beam (l/s) Have them switched individually, combined with a HID low beam, pretty good light.

One item of note, when first installd they were above the t/signal ligts. Fuel economy dropped 4-5 mph. Used a different mounting bracket placing lights below the t/signals and mph came back up. The lights were installed right in the center of the air flow and they added about 16 sq inches of frontal area ea. Enough to make a difference.

Have a Touratech tank bag and like it. On since I purchased bike new.

07 GSA.
94,000 miles and counting

bob

Been using the PIAA 1100's on both my K bike and truck. Make a big difference and have been 100% reliable over the last several years and thousands of miles.
Switched out the standard bulbs to PIAA's too. Made a major difference with some night travel through Arkansas on a recent trip.

But I would also check out the latest and greatest LED lights too. With the LED's you could get the same output with a lot less power draw.

Back