• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

On-Board-computer; I need help!

LULLERN122724

Hi all!

I'm new here; this is my firts post!

I'm a girl, living in the south of Norway, and I love to ride my babies; my Scarver and my Bravo!
I got my 1979 Vespa Bravo when I was sixteen, and it still works!
And I got my 2002 BMW F 650 CS Scarver in 2002, and I love it!
I try to do whatever it's needed to with my bikes myselfes; I love to get dirty! :)

But I got a problem:
I bought a On-board-Computer from BMW, and I have started to mount it on my Scarver.
The problem is the connectors; there are three of them, and I can't figure out in what order I schall put those in the connector/contact!
The brown in the midle, I know, but the rest?

If I put those connectors in the wrong order I'm afraid to cause damage to my bike or the On-Board-Computer.

So:
I hope there are a Scarver with an On-Board-Copmuter out there!
Please remove the right fairing, and look at the wiring for me! Please!

And I hope my English is not that bad, and if it is; please ask me what I'm writing about!

(And how do I make those Smilies work?)

It's snowing here today....

:) Liv.

Welcome to the forum Liv, I think global rider is correct, you will find more help with your motorcycle at the chain gang forum. there arent many here in this forum.
We would love to see pictures of your rides and adventures though. Once again welcome! :wave

Liv said:
(And how do I make those Smilies work?)
Liv.

Do you see the Smilies to the right of the text box? Just click on one at the point where you want it to be, like after this word. :clap

Just one thought about your On-Board computer connectors. You mentioned that one of them is color coded brown, what about the others? Are they color coded...I am sure that you would figure out what goes where if they were. Just asking. What about matching wire color codes?

Ta-daaa!

Thank you, Loraz and Alex!

I finally figured it out:
One sunny day I sat in my livingroom, in the bright light, I got a grannys magnifying glass, and I stared at the contact, I was weeery focused.... and TA-DAAA! I saw a number! It was 1, and when I looked I saw number 2 and 3!
I'm so glad!

I too was thinking maybe there are the same colors on the wires on my Scarver and on the OBC, but they did not match. So I had to find those numbers or a Scarver with an OBC!

I asked in The Chain Gang, Black Belt Gang, but when I did not think I was going to get an answer there, I posted here.

And it's not snowing anymore!
I'm happy!

(But I still can't make those smilies work. I'm using Opera, not Internet Explorer; I guess we got the answer there.)

So.
-Any Scarvers around here? It's faster than the F 650 GS.... :)

Liv.

Smilies.

Hi!

I'm out of Opera, and I'm using internet Explorer, and I'm now going to try a smilie:

:brow

TA-DAA!

Yes, it was Opera, my browser.

:beer Yes, it's Friday; have a beer! As we say in Norwegian: Sk?Ñl!

Good for you

Glad you got the On board computer figured out Liv. It is good to accomplish things like that on your own.
We would like pictures of your bike, and where you ride if you are able to post them.
Spring is coming soon and many of us are ready to ride again!

Hi Loraz!

If I made this right:
Here's a picture of me and my baby 2 years ago, in the spring.
That was my best easter ever - it was my first spring and easter on my Scarver!

The place: Outside my favorit caf?¿; Tyrigrava, close to Oslo.

Attachments

• kosebilde, kuttet.JPG
    kosebilde, kuttet.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 174
Liv said:
Hi Loraz!

If I made this right:
Here's a picture of me and my baby 2 years ago, in the spring.
That was my best easter ever - it was my first spring and easter on my Scarver!

The place: Outside my favorit caf?¿; Tyrigrava, close to Oslo.

What a great photo, Liv! Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!
:clap

At Tyrigrava last spring!

Here I am again!
The same caf?¿, a place to :eat and :drink and :coffee and :hug and :blah !

And thank you, Fish!
Are you a nice fish? The shark looks hungry, I think...

Attachments

• 28april 2bmwTyrigrava Gliser5.JPG
    28april 2bmwTyrigrava Gliser5.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 171
That is a great looking bike Liv! I can see why you like it! You sure look happy to be riding, and if you ever get to the USA, you are welcome to come ride here anytime. Here is a picture of me and my RRS

3193254-M.jpg

Hi Loraz!

Nice color! Blue! ;)

Thank you for the invitation! I'll keep that in mind, but I don't think I'm going over the pond this year. Or next year. It's not exactly in the neighbourhood!
OH; is that Ohio?

The cow on you t-shirt is upside-down! If you can't get any milk out of her, I can see why!
Oh, I get it: You are making milk shake!

Over here we call the BMW boxer ''gummi ku'' = rubber cow, and it's because they are soft. -Did that make any sense to you?

I love the boxer, the K, and the Rotax!
My boyfriend ride the K100, and here you see two good friends on summer holiday last year! Aren't they cute? ;)

Cheers!
Liv.

Where did my picture go?
I try again....

And I figured it out; too large picture.
But almost all my pictures is that size! I know how to make the pictures smaller, but I hate the job! Some day I'll do it.

Well, If I remeber correctly; this is a picture of me taken with my old, small and cheap camera. It wasn't many pixels there!
(Is that correctly english? Sounds strange to me..)

Attachments

• ReimaPåScarverBlek.jpg
    ReimaPåScarverBlek.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 173
Hi Liv,

What kind of information does the On-Board Computer provide? The only OBCs that I know of are on BMW's cars. On my GSes, they have a Rider Information Display (RID): oil temperature, fuel quantity and gear indicator.

I should try to get to Norway one year. So far for the past 10 years, I've headed to the Alps during my summer holidays. Norway, Norkapp and the other Scandinavian countries are on my list though. I've heard Norway is expensive, but I never worry about that when on vacation. BTW, can you believe Americans are complaining about $2.25 a gallon gas prices...about 4.80 NOK per liter. What does gas go for in Norway?

If you have high speed or know someone that does, you might try to download the videos from this Norwegian site. Unfortunately, they've started to charge for each video download. I'm glad I copied them before they started that. Great Alps as well as Norwegian backroads videos though.

Road MC

Since we are into picture mode...picking up my new 2004 R1150 GS Adventure.

takingdeliveryonmy2004gsadvent.jpg

Greg SEVa said:
Liv - You didn't like our answers on the CG Forums?? Shame on you :stick !

Greg

I gave it a try, but I finally got the answer myselfes - with a little help from a grannys magnifying glas!

But I haven't tested it yet; I need to measure the front tyre first.

I hope it works just fine! I hope...

Hi Global Rider!

I like your bike! Silver!
90% of my jewelry are silver, not gold.
I think I'm going to look good on your bike... ;-)
But my azur blue Scarver goes well to my eyes.

The gas prize here is NOK.9.50 - 10.00, and that's the cheap unleaded 95!

If you come over her to ride in Norway; please don't ride up to Nordkapp and down to Lindesnes in one week!
The roads, ferries, landscape - everything - it's much better to spend two weeks, or, even better, to stay in the south part of Norway.
The funniest roads, the funniest parts of Norway is not up north - but they got Norkapp, and in Nordland (Vester?Ñlen, Lofoten) they got special looking mountains and the midnight sun.

If you love narrow and funny roads in the nature/mountains/walleys - you better stay in the south. And in the south we got east and west.
If you don't like rain; wait and look at the weather forecast!
It's often rain in the west, so if the weather forecast in the west is good; go west! It may rain next week!
In the east we often got sunny days, and if it rains it only rains for an hour or two - often. We call that ''byger'' or ''regnbyger'' = showers.

If you ride from west to east in a day, you may get rain and cold weather first, and then you get sun and hot weather in the east - like when I rode from Voss (west) to Geilo (east)!

If you don't love to sleep in a tent, we got small cabins in campsites, ''hytte'' or plural ''hytter''. Some got a blanket/quilt and a pillow, some don't, so you better bring your sleeping bag.

Me?
Me and my boyfriend stay at hotels!
Some small hotels are nice and not that expensive! And they got food too! :)

-Do you like to get a beer, a pint?
You get 6 litres of gas for the prize of one pint! At a bar or a restaurant.
But you can buy a botle (cold) in a store and enjoy it at you ''hytte''.

When you get over; let me know!

Hi Global Rider!

I forgot to tell you about my on-Board-Computer!

Current speed: 3 up to 199 km/h or 2 up to 123 mph.
Time: 12 or 24 hours format, and alarm.
Average speed.
Maximum speed.
Driving time / Stopwatch.
Driving distance.
Total distance.
Two storable wheel circumferences.
Illumination.

The prize is three-four times the bike computer, (normally made for bicycles, but some can measure speed up to 199km/h) from Sigma Sport.
But the benefits are the illumination, the alarm, and you don't need to put a wire to your front wheel.
If you buy the On-Board-Computer from BMW make sure it fits your BMW! For the F 650's there are a connector hidden in the bike, and if your BMW don't have that connector (contact?) it won't work!

Norway

Hello Liv,

My name is Renate, I'm German and I ride a F650GS/L around here in Florida. But while I was still in Germany I was working for a Norwegian company (former) "Kasten-Hoevik" in Hoenefoss. We were invited for a tour of the plant and it was wonderfull. You still have such clear air in Norway. We went to the Holmenkollen (Spelling ??) and could see as far as approx. 100 km. We also went to Akker Brucke at the Harbor. I wish I could do that trip again on my bike.

Renate :thumb

Last edited:
Hi Renate!

Aker Brygge and Holmenkollen; Yes, that what we want the tourists to see!

Yes, we got clear air, but in the spring I get problem with the dust from the flowers and trees; pollen. Specially birch loves to go up in my nose.
That is strange; so clean air and water, the fjord - and I get sick because of the flowers? The pollution doesn't bother me much!

I have been to Germany, mostly Rhudesheim and north.
It's not like Norway, but it is beautiful, and so green! Not much mountain and rocks!
But I don't speak German, so I feel I'm on a planet out in space - it's not easy to communicate with the natives!
I know some words in German, a few, and do you want to make a guess who teached me?
Derrick! And Klein! Yes, the detective on TV! :)

Liv.

Back