• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Who is up for some MSF Dirt Bike training?

Visian

look out!!!
To register for training, click this link.

On Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday prior to the rally, Dylan Lane of The Dirt Farm will be providing training based on the MSF Dirt Bike curriculum as part of the GS Giant event.

These will be a day long course, held in the grass parking lot at the Rally site, and the fee is an extremely reasonable $125. You provide your own bike.

If we can get enough interest, Dan Dickey of GSM Motorent will bring small, light off-road bikes to rent, should you not be 100% comfortable on your heavier bike yet.

Yeah, it's a little short notice, but this is a great opportunity and we're hoping to generate enough interest to bring this all about.

Please contact Dylan at his web site link above, and Dan at his.

And thanks to Dylan and Dan for making the effort to help out our less experienced riders. :thumb

DylanCoachingfromCenter.jpg

dylan-800.jpg

Screen-shot-2011-06-25-at.png

Last edited:
NICE and Thanks;

Bring'em into the GS fold, I say:) I know many have the eye for it, just never had an entry point without worries. This is a great idea, so THANKS from the elder adventurer(s), as we need folks like this to step up and make our novice freinds WELCOME:). "Ya'll listen up" and come on out to the Adventure community and we "love sharing" the spirit....Randy:usa:thumb

Dylan is known in the international community, in the above photo is Callum MacDonald from Scotland and Miquel Silvestre from Spain receiving instruction before they further their solo journeys across the Americas and beyond. The MSF Dirt Bike School is a great alternative towards costly rider education and skills learned will make you a smoother traveler and give you confidence to go beyond your own horizon.

Thank you Dan for supporting this offering and since Dylan teaches in other locations there maybe future opportunities for you both as well as for our global community.

Shortly after the above photo was taken Miquel was traveling in the remote "Stans", then Iraq, through the Middle East and recently in Libya. The Dirt School doesn't offer NATO Fly-over avoidance but it will give you the confidance to have an Israeli soldier and a member of Hamas ride pillion with you the same day.......because dangerous people want to ride too.

................... We ??ll meet in Jerusalem in few days. We were talking at night about life (something very usual among travellers, especial people) and when he asked me if I miss home I said my home is now me and my plugs. I travel with very little luggage. 10 kg is what I need because the most heavy staff you can see on the bike are tools and camping equipment. But I have few important devices to charge everyday: laptop, mobil phone, Ipod and camera. And few important routines to keep: filling my termo at night with hot water, running in the morning for 30 minutes, drink some beers at night while writing these mails and find a socket for my plugs. If I find the socket and keep my routines, I will feel comfortable even in the hardest desert, I will feel at home. Everything else change but not me and my plugs. They are my circumstances. I know now the less you need, the richer you are. After these 15 months travelling I feel the most rich on Earth just with a socket, few beers, petrol and a place to sleep. Keep better today than yesterday................. Miquel Silvestre

The GS Giant offers an opportunity, the door way is open.............the richer you will be.

Last edited:
Thank you Dan for supporting this offering and since Dylan teaches in other locations there maybe future opportunities for you both as well as for our global community.

:bow awesome post, dawg.

just to be clear, if we don't get enough interest, Dan can't come. he can't haul all the way to PA just to lose money.

in addition to this training, you will be able to rent Dan's bikes for riding on the GS Giant track for the competition or the open track day (if you're, ahem, afraid to scratch your shiny adventure bike)... or to ride around the general area on some of the nice GS rides we've got laid out.

ian

MSF:dirt

I'm very interested in the MSF: Dirt class, and I would need to rent a dirt bike for the class.

Will the MSF: Dirt classes be offered?

I'll have my 12 year old son with me at the rally, so if he could attend the MSF: Dirt class also (no riding experience, and he'd need a smaller bike) that would be a great opportunity for the both of us.

Has there even been enough interest to offer one class?

I need to know so I can plan my arrival time. Thursday will be no problem, but I'll need to adjust my plans if I need to be there on an earlier day.

I'm leaving home on 7/16, so I'll need to know before then. Thanks.

I'll have my 12 year old son with me at the rally, so if he could attend the MSF: Dirt class also (no riding experience, and he'd need a smaller bike) that would be a great opportunity for the both of us.

I need to know so I can plan my arrival time. Thursday will be no problem, but I'll need to adjust my plans if I need to be there on an earlier day.

I'm leaving home on 7/16, so I'll need to know before then. Thanks.

I hope it can work out.

I know the instructor and forwarded this information to him.

Gene... slowly but surely interest is building.

As far as a bike goes, Dan has 250s, which could possibly be a handful for your son, depending on his size.

These are fairly tame 4-strokes, and if he's tall enough he should be ok.

We are going to make the final decision on July 15 about training and rental bikes and will post something on that day.

Ian

Back