• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1200 GS headlight assembly

1200 gs headlight

Don't know how it got deleted but my question is does anyone know of another headlight assembly to replace the factory one?

You cannot replace the lense when broken you must replace the entire headlight assembly.
Thanks

I thought Touratech might, but after looking at their website, they have fairings for the R12GS, but not headlights.

--chiba

Don't know how it got deleted but my question is does anyone know of another headlight assembly to replace the factory one?

You cannot replace the lense when broken you must replace the entire headlight assembly.
Thanks

Are all GS headlight assembies the same? If not the year might be useful info.

GS headlight aftermarket replacement

Are all GS headlight assembies the same? If not the year might be useful info.

I think they are the same. mine is a 2008
I want to replace the stock assembly with an aftermarket that has double lights and lenses that can be replaced if broken.
I have looked at Baja Designs they don't make a double assebly that fit's.
Thought maybe some one might have gone through this already.
Thanks
Dave

Last edited:
Get a plexiglass screen - short money for damge prevention

This is the one I got
63-12-7-695-770.jpg

Works well - under a $100 and installs in minutes

BMW P/N 63 12 7695 770

Last edited:
plexiglass screen

Get a plexiglass screen - short money for damge prevention

This is the one I got
63-12-7-695-770.jpg

Works well - under a $100 and installs in minutes

BMW P/N 63 12 7695 770

I have had one on my bike since it was new.
The lense cracked with no impact at the seam between the two sides. BMW Denver Did replace it under warranty, I am looking for a light off of another bike like a Honda Africa twin or similar that can be adapted to fit this bike. OR an aftermarket
Thanks
Dave

Back