• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rally Rules

rsorens

Kanku Bike
OK, so what are the rules at the rally about bringing in food?
I have seen others bring in pizza, shopping bags full of food to prepare, hot dogs....etc... what's the skinny?

The food is your own responsibility, bring what you want...want to bring pizza, that's fine...want to bring ME a steak..that's fine too. :thumb
see you in Bloomsburg

The Fairgrounds Concessions office charges a 20% fee for all food brought onto the Fairgrounds. Roving agents will be searching bikes and campsites for black market foodstuffs without the official Bloomsburg Fairgrounds tax seal. :deal

Bring whatever you want, but there will be 25 food vendors on-site offering a wide variety of foods. :eat

I usually don't have a problem finding food on-site however after a few days it can get old.

A trip to the local grocery store for some fresh fruit can go along way. I don't bother to cook on site however this rally is close enough that the YB Toy Box will be there. :buds :clap

Bring whatever you want, but there will be 25 food vendors on-site offering a wide variety of foods. :eat

I quess folks are use to past rallies, and there even a farmers market available. For once people should be regular and not have to fuss about food.

Eat?

Do we eat? I know I enjoy camp cooking with all my tidy kitch'in gear packed along, nearly every trip. I give it a break and eat out often too. I have yet to get Pizza right on my JetBoil:). More food vendors please, is always a great idea. PA should be interesting in the food department, yes! Ya'll send some good PA food pics, if ya got'em:). Make our mouths water:):):). Randy

Food is adventure!

Food is adventure! Love to find the odd local one-off food vendor: At the West Bend Rally in 2007 I found the BEST Mexican Restaurant EVER in downtown West Bend! That's what I'm talkin' about!:groovy
mm

A couple of vendors will be up and running on Tuesday with a few more running on Wednesday as the volunteers roll in.

All will be open for business starting on Thursday morning and the breakfast vendors will be open on Sunday morning.

Hopefully the Philly bakery strike will be over in case anyone is thinking of riding to Philthadelphia for a Gino's or Pat's steak.

BTW road apples ARE NOT good eating. :nono

No offense to Pat or Gino, but your local Pizza shop will provide a larger/better cheese steak than either of the two fighting it out in downtown Philly. We are about a week or so from local sweet corn, peas, strawberries, lettuce, spinach, etc. are already available from local farmers. Plan to find local produce on the way, a great way to suppliment the offerings of food vendors onsite. If you are a "foody", have no fear, PA will have you covered!

A couple of vendors will be up and running on Tuesday with a few more running on Wednesday as the volunteers roll in.

All will be open for business starting on Thursday morning and the breakfast vendors will be open on Sunday morning.

Thanks.

No offense to Pat or Gino, but your local Pizza shop will provide a larger/better cheese steak than either of the two fighting it out in downtown Philly. We are about a week or so from local sweet corn, peas, strawberries, lettuce, spinach, etc. are already available from local farmers. Plan to find local produce on the way, a great way to suppliment the offerings of food vendors onsite. If you are a "foody", have no fear, PA will have you covered!

John

I rode north of the rally site in the heart of the farmland and there are signs along the way directing folks to local farms with produce.

There is even some stands where cash and carry is on the honor system so bring small bills and change with you.

Sometimes, I think I am in Wisconsin because of the dairys, then Vermont because of fruit stands and mountains, then in Amish Countryand and we are..... but it's Pennsylvania ! Its kinda like a Disneyland of past rallies. :scratch Then add the eastern and south European cultures !

Now if I can get some Lobsta !

The food at the University is also very good and cheap with a lot of choices. This is not the dorm food that many of us knew in earlier years. Chris can attest to this also.

Mark

The food at the University is also very good and cheap with a lot of choices. This is not the dorm food that many of us knew in earlier years. Chris can attest to this also.
Mark
:bow

On campus, one of the main dining facilities is called the Commons, and its ranked number one in food services in Small Colleges of America and in the top five at all academic facilities nation wide. It offers a buffet-style dining experience at an inexpensive cost. They serve a variety of foods, including pasta, grilled and fried foods, a salad bar, specials including chicken parmesan, wings, cordon bleu, steak, gyros, lots of vegetable and fruit options, homemade style meals such as turkey, pork, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and much more. There is also a dessert station and a drink station. The dessert station serves homemade ice cream daily, which is delicious, and you are free to add any kind of topping you desire ! There are also homemade oatmeal, peanut butter, Reese's pieces, double chocolate chip, and chocolate chip cookies made fresh everyday !

Its very clean place to get recharged and refreshed.

Mark

me, too. this place is very very good and makes renting a room at the university and even better deal.

ian

Back