Thread: Volt Meters on 1200s anyone;

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Volt Meters on 1200s anyone;

Been thinking here i may install a voltmeter on my GSA1200. I have two other bikes with the V meters, R100/7 and KLR650. Has anybody done this already and what did you use for a meter/gauge for your R1200? My older Airhead uses the old style gauge with needle and the KLR has a digital light bar type from Aerostitch. The latter may be best again for the GSA, for its sealed solid state design? Just curious if anybody else been here, done that volt meter thing on a newer bike. Randy

I installed a round waterproof unit I got from the goldwing sites. I put it in hte radio cover area. Works well.
    '08 R1200RT Blu
    MOA 148050
    IBA, AMA

I have one of these in Red on my RT and F650GS. Easy install and waterproof.

http://www.themeterstore.com/datel-v...nitor-44-c.asp
    Marty
    O6 RT, 03 F650GS

Thanks;

I checked that out Marty. Thanks for the links. RandyGSA1200

google Battery Bug. Digital voltmeter plus more, easy install and designed for a bike (waterproof)

Got r done:)

I must leave for a long road trip in a few days and time to order the volt gauge was short. I "Canibalized" my '08 KLR650s volt meter and put it on the GSA1200. Works nice. Its the LED Battery Gauge from Aerostitch and we had liked how it worked on the KLR. Its wired through one of my driving lights on the GSA, so it only reads voltage with those on and I use the driving lights all the time and it was so very easy access to the GSAs wiring up front. Thanks for all the input above, as now I must order another for the KLR when I get home. I liked the digital readout units. Randy