• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Volt Meters on 1200s anyone;

Polarbear

Polarbear
Been thinking here i may install a voltmeter on my GSA1200. I have two other bikes with the V meters, R100/7 and KLR650. Has anybody done this already and what did you use for a meter/gauge for your R1200? My older Airhead uses the old style gauge with needle and the KLR has a digital light bar type from Aerostitch. The latter may be best again for the GSA, for its sealed solid state design? Just curious if anybody else been here, done that volt meter thing on a newer bike. Randy:thumb

I installed a round waterproof unit I got from the goldwing sites. I put it in hte radio cover area. Works well.

Got r done:)

I must leave for a long road trip in a few days and time to order the volt gauge was short. I "Canibalized" my '08 KLR650s volt meter and put it on the GSA1200. Works nice:). Its the LED Battery Gauge from Aerostitch and we had liked how it worked on the KLR. Its wired through one of my driving lights on the GSA, so it only reads voltage with those on and I use the driving lights all the time and it was so very easy access to the GSAs wiring up front:). Thanks for all the input above, as now I must order another for the KLR when I get home. I liked the digital readout units. Randy:thumb:usa

Back