• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

1994 R1100rsl rear mud flap holes

T

THOMASCALOIA

Help!

Anybody have a pic of what (reflector?) goes in the two verticle holes in the rear mud flap, below the license plate. Neither dealer or workshop manual shows a rear pic!

Tom Caloia
thomas.caloia@tombush.com

I looked under Max Bmw's parts fiche, and it shows something under the license plate mounting, but doesn't list the part #s. Mine, a '96, also has just the 2 verticle holes. Previously, I had just put a piece of reflective tape over the holes.

Maybe someone else has one with an actual reflector, or whatever is supposed to be there, and better yet, could show us a pic???

European License plate

I had a '94RS and asked about those holes and which reflector mounted there and was told by the BMW dealer that the holes had something to do with license plate or registration disk mounting for European countries.

I had a '94RS and asked about those holes and which reflector mounted there and was told by the BMW dealer that the holes had something to do with license plate or registration disk mounting for European countries.

That was my understanding also, the holes were for European tags.

I guess I should add, that the round rubber piece under the rear reflecter fit the 2 holes perfectly with the reflecter mounted on top of that.

bob's bmw sells a round bracket to fit this spot to which you could then attach a 70 mm bmw roundel.

I am not sure what those holes are for. I think this might be what Bigsur52 mentioned. Not the best pictures, but it gives you an idea of how it looks. It comes in two pieces...a frame and a roundel. The frame fits into the existing holes. Here it is on an RT and RS

173245173_tXa3x-XL.jpg

IMG0369-XL.jpg

That's why I peeled the reflective tape off mine a while back

I only uncover mine during track days. On regular riding days I keep them covered to hold down my speed.

Back